Which 4Ch Mixer for a Traktor 2x Kontrol X1 setup?

Home :: General Discussion :: Which 4Ch Mixer for a Traktor 2x Kontrol X1 setup?Reply
Which 4Ch Mixer for a Traktor 2x Kontrol X1 setup?
Posted on: 24.11.2013 by Dustin Rajesh
I played at a foam party and someone managed to empty a bucket full of soap water over my gear . My MacBook is dead and while my Xone:92 and two Kontrol X1s are still being serviced, chances are slim that they can be fixed. The Audio 10 however seems to have survived. No one pays btw so I am picking up the bill. You live and learn...

Anyways, I will be replacing the X1s with the newer MKII model, but I am undecided as the what mixer I should be getting. I actually don't want to spend the money on a Xone:92 anymore, since I am playing less in clubs and bars. DJing is becoming more a hobby to me nowadays, so I'd like to stay below $1000 mark.

Currently I am looking at the Pioneer DJM-750 or the Denon DN-X1600. I am not sure whether the Denon is already outdated, or still able to compare to more recent products. Any input on these two or any other recommendation would be great.

BTW, I was also believeing about to just get a S4 and be done with it. Anyone made a switch to all-in-one controller and is nor regretting it? I believe I am more comfortable with a 'real' mixer and modular controller setup.
Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by Superfreak
But how comes? I notice little white sparks, only small, when i plug my USB stuff in..... Is the tape some kind of counter for that?
its to stop little kids and drunk girls pulling out your schitz
Petra Arra
Originally Posted by Reha
It's hopefully the last mixer I'll ever buy.
I doubt that, bro. after it breaks, you'll buy one again
Alphonso Deitchman
I am not really interested in the Xone42. I bought the Xone92 because it is a very commonly used mixer, which was installed in several clubs I played. It also has the extra two channels if needed. Since I am going digital only I'd rather have a mixer with midi capabilities.
The only concern I have with the Denon is that it's essentially 3 years old and there might be an updated version coming out soon. I heard that the Pioneer 750 is close to what the Denon offers, but has better effects.
If you're looking for another club standard mixer the DJM is the obvious choice. It has Color FX in addition to the beat-based FX that both mixers have.

What do you want the MIDI capabilities for? The DN-X1600 has an unused column of controls that can be mapped, whereas all the controls on the DJM have existing functions.

They both seem have a similar price when buying new, but since the Denon has been out longer you'd probably get a better deal on it second hand.
Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by Superfreak
But how comes? I notice little white sparks, only small, when i plug my USB stuff in..... Is the tape some kind of counter for that?
its to stop little kids and drunk girls pulling out your schitz
Hipolito Scionti
Only issues i've heard is with the audio drivers... but as a mixer i was super tempted by the DB2.

Until I went with the DJM900 that was my other choice.
Petra Arra
I doubt that, bro. after it breaks, you'll buy one again
Dustin Rajesh
Yeah, thanks mate. If it wasn't for you...
Pretty happy about the deal. Just hoping it compares to the 92 in terms of sound quality and handling. I have never used one but only heard good things about it.
Judi Sissel
You're welcome lol
Dustin Rajesh
OK, thanks to BlackFriday and a friend in the US who helped with the order I got a brand new Allen & Heath Xone DB2 for $900. Ships on Monday! At least I got a good deal on my new setup!
Temple Cervelli
Latoria Kavulich
Yep, good habit to get into
Temple Cervelli
Jetser, what's the blue tape around the USB/ins of your laptop? Is this a precaution or? Serious question.
Temple Cervelli
This sent shivers down my spine, sorry to hear that dude.
Latoria Kavulich
CD's
Cori Ozanich
Stupid question perhaps (and totally unrelated to this topic) but what do you use the 2 CDJ800s for?
Latoria Kavulich
DJM600 + 2 X1's (AC <> BD configuration)

Judi Sissel
You can buy a A&H DB2 for $1200 from most online shops. If you're a deal sniper (ebay & CL) you can find it for $1000.
Chandra Lean
x1600= $999 one fx engine, midi mapable, TS certified
x1700 = 1700 (there are many out there second hand) two fx engines, TS certified updated firmware menu is easy to navigate
djm900nxs($1900) color fx, Club standard (really doesn't matter mixer is a mixer)
Alphonso Deitchman
I am not really interested in the Xone42. I bought the Xone92 because it is a very commonly used mixer, which was installed in several clubs I played. It also has the extra two channels if needed. Since I am going digital only I'd rather have a mixer with midi capabilities.
The only concern I have with the Denon is that it's essentially 3 years old and there might be an updated version coming out soon. I heard that the Pioneer 750 is close to what the Denon offers, but has better effects.
If you're looking for another club standard mixer the DJM is the obvious choice. It has Color FX in addition to the beat-based FX that both mixers have.

What do you want the MIDI capabilities for? The DN-X1600 has an unused column of controls that can be mapped, whereas all the controls on the DJM have existing functions.

They both seem have a similar price when buying new, but since the Denon has been out longer you'd probably get a better deal on it second hand.
Gaynell Rydberg
There already is the X1700 out there if you want the latest. Not too much of a price increase either.
Merlyn Birchfield
I bought my DN-X1600 less than a year ago and I love it. Works flawlessly as a Traktor-certified mixer for me with my Macbook Pro, and saved a crap-load when compared to Scratch-capable Pioneer offerings.

Or, I'll sell you a mint condition silver-faced Xone:32 on the cheap!
Dustin Rajesh
Bunny Sockel
Xone 42?
Latoria Kavulich
djm600 + 2 x1's was nice, but x1600 + 2 x1's is a perfect setup for me.
Antone Kazim
Gutted to hear that, as Slvr said I'd feel absolutely devastated if I were your friend.

As for the new mixer, I've had an x-1600 a couple of years now and absolutely love it. I've recently started using it as my Traktor Scratch interface and it works fantastic, it also has several additional dedicated midi-buttons/encoders.

I havn't touched a DJM750 but when I brought mine I was comparing it to the DJM700 and the x-1600 had noticably better faders and also has the fantastic input matrix. These two things swung it for me (I wasn't looking to use DJ software at the time). I would imagine the DJM750 has probably improved in this area since the 700, but I would still probably buy the x-1600 for the Traktor certification and dedicated midi section.

I doubt you'd be disappointed with either however.
Gaynell Rydberg
I'd feel so guilty if I were your friend. I know very few people who could front the costs to pay for all those repairs though. That's expensive!!

Good luck!
Petra Arra
lesson learned.

next time, no foams/water/soap and idiots near the gear!
Dustin Rajesh
SlvrDragon50: I didn't get paid anything - it was organized by a "friend of a friend" for her Birthday, and I was silly enough to DJ without a written contract. In order not to be liable for the damages, she refuses to recognize our verbal agreement and doesn't pay for anything. I do have the money to replace the gear - even though it hurts - but I feel really sorry for the kid, who saves several years for a setup like this, just to be screwed by people like her.
Petra Arra
most will tell you to get the denon x1600. its already scratch certified. no sound card needed.
Gaynell Rydberg
Woooow...

That sucks I hope you got paid a fuckton for that gig.

I switched from controller to external mixing (and I'm a bedroom DJ). I just don't like the internal mixer.

I have the Denon X1500 which is super awesome for what I'm doing. The X1600 looks even better, you can ask Jester I believe. You can pick them up for like 600 used which is a steal IMO. Way better than any Pioneer offering in the range.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy