How to Play CDs

Home :: General Discussion :: How to Play CDsReply
How to Play CDs
Posted on: 01.12.2013 by Lindsy Toben
Hello,

Hope all is well with you all.

I am currently using a Denon MC6000 and Traktor Pro with Macbook Pro (using Itunes). So, I am entirely digital. However, occasionally, I do have people come up to me with a CD requesting me to play a specific track. If I have that track, all is fine.

My only choice then is to pop in the CD into the computer, rip the tracks into itunes and then sync with Traktor. I do not like this approach for fear of "messing" up the live performance.

Is there any other alternative - would it be too much to get a basic CDJ which could also act as a backup just in case?

Thanks - Oyiwaa
Cassie Sangermano
Originally Posted by tothecloudd
i usually just rip em from itunes and add them to a playlist then from there i play the playlist from traktor. i also tried playing the cd's straight from traktor but my mbp could not analyze the track any quicker but ripping did the job
^ This.

Done this a few times and traktor has always worked fine while doing it. A cheap CDJ (Or even one of those portable CD players) hooked to an input on the mixer would be better though if you're worried about the ripping affecting your live performance.
Lindsy Toben
Hello,

Hope all is well with you all.

I am currently using a Denon MC6000 and Traktor Pro with Macbook Pro (using Itunes). So, I am entirely digital. However, occasionally, I do have people come up to me with a CD requesting me to play a specific track. If I have that track, all is fine.

My only choice then is to pop in the CD into the computer, rip the tracks into itunes and then sync with Traktor. I do not like this approach for fear of "messing" up the live performance.

Is there any other alternative - would it be too much to get a basic CDJ which could also act as a backup just in case?

Thanks - Oyiwaa
Cassie Sangermano
Originally Posted by tothecloudd
i usually just rip em from itunes and add them to a playlist then from there i play the playlist from traktor. i also tried playing the cd's straight from traktor but my mbp could not analyze the track any quicker but ripping did the job
^ This.

Done this a few times and traktor has always worked fine while doing it. A cheap CDJ (Or even one of those portable CD players) hooked to an input on the mixer would be better though if you're worried about the ripping affecting your live performance.
Rufus Ondrick
Lannie Kutay
just get a cheap cdj, and run it through one of the inputs
Alphonso Deitchman
Traktor can read from CDs through its browser. It seems like a very odd way of recieving requests though.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy