Traktor - FX Select and Turn on (Mapping Q).

Home :: General Discussion :: Traktor - FX Select and Turn on (Mapping Q).Reply
Traktor - FX Select and Turn on (Mapping Q).
Posted on: 03.12.2013 by Brunilda Kora
I have a mapping where I am using Beatmasher 2 as a "Loop Roll" type effect... I have a single button selecting Beatmasher in FX Unit 1, unit ON, Gate 50%, Rot 0%, and set loop length.

It is working absolutely fine when the Beatmasher is already selected - but if a different fx is selected, the first time I hit one of the Loop Roll buttons on my dicer, it selects the Beatmasher, and sets all of the correct para's, but it does NOT turn the effect on.

But once the Beatmasher is selected, all 5 buttons work perfectly. Am I missing some kind of option? Is it possible to select, load AND switch on an effect using 1 button?
Brunilda Kora
I have a mapping where I am using Beatmasher 2 as a "Loop Roll" type effect... I have a single button selecting Beatmasher in FX Unit 1, unit ON, Gate 50%, Rot 0%, and set loop length.

It is working absolutely fine when the Beatmasher is already selected - but if a different fx is selected, the first time I hit one of the Loop Roll buttons on my dicer, it selects the Beatmasher, and sets all of the correct para's, but it does NOT turn the effect on.

But once the Beatmasher is selected, all 5 buttons work perfectly. Am I missing some kind of option? Is it possible to select, load AND switch on an effect using 1 button?
Brunilda Kora
Thanks fellas - I've got it sorted. Mapping the "FX Store Preset" seems to have done the trick.

Now I need to go back and add W/D 100% to all of the Dicer buttons to avoid any unwanted behaviour!

Cheers!!!
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
I must have the wrong settings on the beatmasher or maybe I'm confusing it with the beatslicer then. This is what I mean by..

Kellie Myrum
Yeah, did that worked?
Brunilda Kora
Stewe - do you mean map it to all TEN buttons (the 5 buttons on each Dicer), and select the FX unit (unit 1 for Deck A or unit 2 for Deck B) for each set of 5 buttons?
Kellie Myrum
Probably missing store preset command. Map it to all four buttons and assign to correct FX unit..
Brunilda Kora
the small button that changes the mode
Not sure what you mean there..?

Also the beatmasher isn't really a loop roll, it's more like a granulizer with a large grain size as it will pick up a new sample after a few beats.
It's not re-sampling here..? I can hold large loop (1/2) or a small loop (1/32) indefinitely...

I also had some success using Delay T3 as a Loop Roll... But, for some odd reason, you cannot select a size of 1/2 on Delay T3???
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
Try putting the loading of the effect and the routing to that deck on the small button that changes the mode. I believe they send midi aswell. But I couldn't select and activate the effect in a single press on my controller. Also the beatmasher isn't really a loop roll, it's more like a granulizer with a large grain size as it will pick up a new sample after a few beats. If you want a real loop roll it's best to use flux mode and looping.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy