Ive changed more setups than ive played this year....

Home :: General Discussion :: Ive changed more setups than ive played this year....Reply
Ive changed more setups than ive played this year....
Posted on: 29.11.2013 by Celina Namoki
Anyone else had this problem when starting out? I've been playing for about 2 years now. just in the last 4 months ive decided it was more than just a hobby. I've changed setups like 5 this year alone... i had an S2 and switched to an S4 which was awesome! then i added two F1's. then i switched to a 2 channel numark mixer and two CMP.800's because i liked the feel and sound of analog mixers but then i got bored with the CMP 800's and went back to the S4 for a few months. Now currently have a 4 channel analog mixer, Audio 6, and two kontrol x1 mk1. I really like this setup because of the 4 channel mixer. I loved the sound and feel of a real mixer.

Anyone else switched a lot until they found what they liked?? Maybe i should start concentrating on getting gigs instead lol
Antone Kazim
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
Damn that is pretty irrational. :O

Good for you though lol!
Picked up another 1210 the other evening (while supposed to be xmas shopping) so I REALLY need to have a sort out now- I'm struggling to justify having 5 vinyl TTs!

If I could just stop buying...
Carlee Pickard
Originally Posted by Irrational Fear
I can definately relate to this.

I got back into DJing in a big way a few years ago having not played much since 2002-2003, so sold a car and purchased my x-1600 and a pair of CDJ900s. Subsequently purchased my pair of pdx2000mk2s from a mate. Then picked up a citronic cdm 7:2 mixer to have a second vinyl-only setup upstairs. Then acquired a Stanton SK-Six battle mixer from the local classifieds. Then picked up a 1210M3d which along with my old SA600mk2 TT gave me 4 vinyl turntables... Then swapped the CDJ900s for the SC2900s just over a year ago... Now just recently purchased a laptop and Traktor Scratch pro... And I'm currently having very naughty thoughts about a Pioneer DJM T-1 so that I can use Scratch Pro with both my living room & upstairs setups (I justify my purchase of a second Traktor certified mixer on the basis that I REALLY hate needless wires)...

The problem I have is not so much the constant acquisitions, more my inability to actually sell stuff. Therefore aside from the CDJ900s that I p/x'd, I still have every piece of gear listed above. Along with my initial DJ gear from 2002-03. I simply tell my girlfriend that this is pefectly normal for DJs...

Good for you though lol!
Klara Kinnebrew
Originally Posted by alfredw1
Anyone else had this problem when starting out?
I've been DJing less then a year. Don't make me take pictures of all the controllers I have went through...

Trula Willadsen
Anyone else switched a lot until they found what they liked?? Maybe i should start concentrating on getting gigs instead lol
When I started out I bought a very cheap €100,- controller with VDJ. When I felt I got the hang of it I upgraded to the DDJ-T1 so it would look more professional while getting gigs. After more than a year with it and climbing out of a financial hole thanks to DJ'ing I spoiled myself a few months back with the DDJ-SX. Would love a DJM900+3xCDJ2000 but simply can't afford it. Wouldn't make any sense to put such expensive gear at home while I'm a bachelor student.
Celina Namoki
Anyone else had this problem when starting out? I've been playing for about 2 years now. just in the last 4 months ive decided it was more than just a hobby. I've changed setups like 5 this year alone... i had an S2 and switched to an S4 which was awesome! then i added two F1's. then i switched to a 2 channel numark mixer and two CMP.800's because i liked the feel and sound of analog mixers but then i got bored with the CMP 800's and went back to the S4 for a few months. Now currently have a 4 channel analog mixer, Audio 6, and two kontrol x1 mk1. I really like this setup because of the 4 channel mixer. I loved the sound and feel of a real mixer.

Petra Arra
thanks to our RGAS, dj companies are getting rich and we are loosing money. haha
Addie Mardesich
DJ problems.......lol man I don't feel so bad writing blank checks to Native Instruments reading all of this
Tera Baragan
Ive gone through 3 controllers so far. Shitty 2 channel, to a better 2 channel. To the vci 400.

Looking at cdj's and a mixer or technics and a mixer now.
Horacio Stranathan
I am not a real DJ that plays gigs for money if thats what you consider a real DJ. But I definitely have a problem with gear.

In the last two years I have bought and sold almost every controller to try. Everything from Stanton SCS.1M/1D to DN-X1600 and TTX's. I have had the S4, DDM4000, X1, X1 MK2, F1 and my current setup consists of Xone DB2, X1 MK2, Zomo MC-1000, 2XDN-S3700, TTX, and I just bought a CMD Studio-4A.

I also have a Maschine and Push with an irig keyboard and a blue bird mic.

I have really bad RGAS. This doesn't include everything I have forgotten! Which is a lot of gear.
Addie Mardesich
One more tidbit, I find it quite funny sometimes when I have like 4 grand worth of gear at my house and ill show up somewhere with nothing but a thumbdrive and my headphones LOL!
Addie Mardesich
I changed my setup a bunch of times right when I started DJing, id attribute this to not knowing what works for me and watching to many youtube videos. Now a lot of places I play have A Pio setup so i'll just linkup traktor and use my x1's and f1's pretty happy with this, but I just watched all Bass Kleph's videos of him finger drumming with the machine........stupid youtube!!!
Dannie Dimora
I started out with my lappie and a DIY sharpie pimped-out keyboard with key binds for VDJ, progressed onto a little hercules mp3 e2 (played on a couple TT/CDJ setups, but not mine), and i pretty much found myself when i bought my SX
Alla Bluemke
All the time man. Tech changes. RGAS happens. Its the curse of the DJ.
Antone Kazim
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion

Good for you though lol!
Picked up another 1210 the other evening (while supposed to be xmas shopping) so I REALLY need to have a sort out now- I'm struggling to justify having 5 vinyl TTs!

If I could just stop buying...
Carlee Pickard
Originally Posted by Irrational Fear

I got back into DJing in a big way a few years ago having not played much since 2002-2003, so sold a car and purchased my x-1600 and a pair of CDJ900s. Subsequently purchased my pair of pdx2000mk2s from a mate. Then picked up a citronic cdm 7:2 mixer to have a second vinyl-only setup upstairs. Then acquired a Stanton SK-Six battle mixer from the local classifieds. Then picked up a 1210M3d which along with my old SA600mk2 TT gave me 4 vinyl turntables... Then swapped the CDJ900s for the SC2900s just over a year ago... Now just recently purchased a laptop and Traktor Scratch pro... And I'm currently having very naughty thoughts about a Pioneer DJM T-1 so that I can use Scratch Pro with both my living room & upstairs setups (I justify my purchase of a second Traktor certified mixer on the basis that I REALLY hate needless wires)...

The problem I have is not so much the constant acquisitions, more my inability to actually sell stuff. Therefore aside from the CDJ900s that I p/x'd, I still have every piece of gear listed above. Along with my initial DJ gear from 2002-03. I simply tell my girlfriend that this is pefectly normal for DJs...

Good for you though lol!
Antone Kazim

Carlee Pickard
I started off with an S4, then 2 years later I switched to CDJ's & DJM and I don't believe i'm ever going to change the setup I have now. However, I have been adding a lot of production toys .
Petra Arra
Im not yet a real dj and just started out last march. Started from a denon mc2000 got an f1. Sold the controller to get dvs - 2channel mixer 1tt traktor a6. Traded my f1 for an x1. And bought a midi fighter 3d. Havent really found what i want because i am believeing to get another controller. Probably traktor s4. Hope that i can find the right stuff for me as i dont have cash for the holidays.
Lillia Datson
Guilty as charged, but i believe it's starting to pan out now.......he says.
Klara Kinnebrew
Anyone else had this problem when starting out?
I've been DJing less then a year. Don't make me take pictures of all the controllers I have went through...

Celina Namoki
sweet so im not the only one lol Many Thanks!
Ela Hoeger
I'm doing it right now lol
Trula Willadsen
When I started out I bought a very cheap €100,- controller with VDJ. When I felt I got the hang of it I upgraded to the DDJ-T1 so it would look more professional while getting gigs. After more than a year with it and climbing out of a financial hole thanks to DJ'ing I spoiled myself a few months back with the DDJ-SX. Would love a DJM900+3xCDJ2000 but simply can't afford it. Wouldn't make any sense to put such expensive gear at home while I'm a bachelor student.
Brunilda Kora
Anyone else switched a lot until they found what they liked??
Almost everybody.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy