DJM850 VS DJM900 VS DJM800 VS Xone62 VS Xone92

Home :: General Discussion :: DJM850 VS DJM900 VS DJM800 VS Xone62 VS Xone92Reply
DJM850 VS DJM900 VS DJM800 VS Xone62 VS Xone92
Posted on: 03.12.2013 by Ping Feiring
Basically the title says it all.

I mix alot of deep house, but when i play events theyre more often looking for electro and big room.
I'm currently using an S4, but looking for a new mixer that i will be pairing with Native X1 MKIIs

Lets hear it
Celestine Porebski
Originally Posted by guiltyblade
actually this is quite easy. djm 900 because its traktor certified, no need to plug in a sound card, just plug right into mixer.
I really don't get why Traktor certification would be an issue for home use. Sure, less clutter on the desk is nice, but you're still gonna need a soundcard to play out, so I don't believe this should be the deciding factor.
Olimpia Yep
Originally Posted by doctoreasy
I agree with this. I seriously debated between the DJM 900 and the Xone 92. In the end it came down to ease, simplicity, and playability.
I agree - this summer I switched from DJM-900 to Xone92 + Audio 10 and really regret this. I do like the feel of the Xone92 but the 900 with buildin soundcards and effects is such a stable and accessible setup. DJM-850 might be a sensible option if you will not be using the link feature with CDJ's (the quantized effects with the CDJ's playing is really good!)
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
I picked DJM-850. It is Traktor certified & it's available at amazing price points too if you look hard. Only thing its missing from the 900 is that X pad. I absolutely love my DJM-850 and i'd highly recommend it.
Digital input, some Color FX, and Rekordbox/CDJ integration/Quantized FX are also missing from the 850.
Hipolito Scionti
actually this is quite easy. djm 900 because its traktor certified, no need to plug in a sound card, just plug right into mixer.
+1

Tho a djm850 also works
Jeremiah Arvanites
I agree with this. I seriously debated between the DJM 900 and the Xone 92. In the end it came down to ease, simplicity, and playability. The DJM 900 with 2 X1s was the easiest. I can play that setup alone like a Felix da Housecat Setup or add in my turn tables and it is certified with Traktor Scratch and I can use timecode.
Ping Feiring
Basically the title says it all.

I mix alot of deep house, but when i play events theyre more often looking for electro and big room.
I'm currently using an S4, but looking for a new mixer that i will be pairing with Native X1 MKIIs

Lets hear it
Celestine Porebski
I really don't get why Traktor certification would be an issue for home use. Sure, less clutter on the desk is nice, but you're still gonna need a soundcard to play out, so I don't believe this should be the deciding factor.
Alene Freeze
i had the same dilemma, decided on a djm 900 nexus (got an awesome deal on one) and it's the best decision i could have made. I looked at the allen and heath's but I wasn't crazy about their effects layout, feels more natural on the 900. Hope this helps!
Olimpia Yep
Originally Posted by doctoreasy
I agree with this. I seriously debated between the DJM 900 and the Xone 92. In the end it came down to ease, simplicity, and playability.
I agree - this summer I switched from DJM-900 to Xone92 + Audio 10 and really regret this. I do like the feel of the Xone92 but the 900 with buildin soundcards and effects is such a stable and accessible setup. DJM-850 might be a sensible option if you will not be using the link feature with CDJ's (the quantized effects with the CDJ's playing is really good!)
Alphonso Deitchman
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
I picked DJM-850. It is Traktor certified & it's available at amazing price points too if you look hard. Only thing its missing from the 900 is that X pad. I absolutely love my DJM-850 and i'd highly recommend it.
Digital input, some Color FX, and Rekordbox/CDJ integration/Quantized FX are also missing from the 850.
Carlee Pickard
Mimi Mahaffee
or why not Xone 4D?

Goes for dirt cheap these days. 4ch analogue mixer, traktor scratch certified soundcard and "2x kontrol x1 built in"
Im trying to decide which of my systems i prefer, djm 900 + cdjs or kontrol x1 mk2s with traktor or xone 4d with traktor.

pioneer with cdjs win easily in the department of functionality, however im a hifi nerd and i really do enjoy the Xone sound and it would be an easy choice if my laptop and traktor would work 100% together and my mapping on the maschine would be tighter..
Joey Schuenke
I had the same question, so any input would be appreciated
I'm vinyl only and was debating on the db2, 92, 750, 850, & 900

Or was believeing of doing a rane empath with an efx-1000

Meh, without playing on one it's such a hard decision
Ping Feiring
Loving the input guys, how about the DB2? I definitely pioneers but can't seem to find one (new or used) for a good price
Hipolito Scionti
+1

Tho a djm850 also works
Jeremiah Arvanites
I agree with this. I seriously debated between the DJM 900 and the Xone 92. In the end it came down to ease, simplicity, and playability. The DJM 900 with 2 X1s was the easiest. I can play that setup alone like a Felix da Housecat Setup or add in my turn tables and it is certified with Traktor Scratch and I can use timecode.
Alla Bluemke
Hellen Mindrup
Go to a store, ask a friend who owns them, talk to a club owner and go check them out early one evening , etc. Personal preference is key... All this is going to do is start a debate lol.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy