Traktor feature idea: Doodles

Home :: General Discussion :: Traktor feature idea: DoodlesReply
Traktor feature idea: Doodles
Posted on: 09.12.2013 by Jetta Drenzek
I have a few idea of how Traktor can get better, but they're always just minor improvements to an already great platform, no real game changer. However, this doodle idea would be amazing.

Imagine you're analyzing your new tracks and getting to know the structure. You use your 8 cue points, but there's things you want to point out about the track. Is cue point 6 or 7 the drop? The bass comes in on 6 but it's only 32 beats after that cue point 7 comes in, why? Obviously, if you only DJ with a small library, you'll (hopefully) know your cue points like the back of your hand. But when you have more tracks, it'd be nothing short of superhuman to remember every detail of every track. So, you just doodle right on the track.

You scribble next to cue point 6 "32 beat bridge" and next to cue point 7 "Boom selecta" or whatever your term is for a drop. The little window that shows your whole track will show you the doodles, whilst text will scroll past when the track eventually reaches that point. Essentially, it would save an overlay image with a 100x5000 resolution or whatever length the track is.

It would be a great way to place reminders directly into the track where you can see it, no need to scroll around your browser window or having to memorise a system like DJNotation.

Anyone else believe they could use a system like this? (I know you can name the cue points, but then you have to expand the deck to find the name, this system would be much quicker)
Jetta Drenzek
I have a few idea of how Traktor can get better, but they're always just minor improvements to an already great platform, no real game changer. However, this doodle idea would be amazing.

Imagine you're analyzing your new tracks and getting to know the structure. You use your 8 cue points, but there's things you want to point out about the track. Is cue point 6 or 7 the drop? The bass comes in on 6 but it's only 32 beats after that cue point 7 comes in, why? Obviously, if you only DJ with a small library, you'll (hopefully) know your cue points like the back of your hand. But when you have more tracks, it'd be nothing short of superhuman to remember every detail of every track. So, you just doodle right on the track.

You scribble next to cue point 6 "32 beat bridge" and next to cue point 7 "Boom selecta" or whatever your term is for a drop. The little window that shows your whole track will show you the doodles, whilst text will scroll past when the track eventually reaches that point. Essentially, it would save an overlay image with a 100x5000 resolution or whatever length the track is.

It would be a great way to place reminders directly into the track where you can see it, no need to scroll around your browser window or having to memorise a system like DJNotation.

Anyone else believe they could use a system like this? (I know you can name the cue points, but then you have to expand the deck to find the name, this system would be much quicker)
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
that's what it does in VDJ although it's a bit hard to read as it's really small writing
Kellie Myrum
You can already name your cuepoints in Traktor. I believe that OP want a pop massage when certain cue cross over a needle position.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
You can already name cues in VDJ, if that is really important to you give it a try.. you can even map in name's.. I made a skin that has buttons to name cuepoints the name's I regularly use.
Dannie Dimora
Great idea!
Jetta Drenzek
Also when you cover for your mate whilst he goes for toilet break you can draw massive dongs all over his tracks.
Brunilda Kora
I like it.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy