MASSIVE Clearout: 350+ Cameras (UK)

Home :: Marketplace :: MASSIVE Clearout: 350+ Cameras (UK)Reply
MASSIVE Clearout: 350+ Cameras (UK)
Posted on: 16.07.2013 by Doreen Schurle
Okay, so as detailed over here, I'm having a big ol' clearout of my photography gear The stuff I'll be posting on here will be done in drips and drabs over the next few months so as not to overwhelm everyone (or my poor Post Office downstairs!).

To give a rough idea of the sort of scale, here's ONE of the bookcases I have filled with gear atm. (There's two of these, as well as 5 or 6 crates and 2 big moving boxes (1m*1m*2m) all full of cameras).

Stuff for Sale Zenit-7.jpg
Click all images for full size version

So, the first item. It's a Zenit Photosniper FS-3. Produced at the KMZ factory in Moscow, this is the early version circa 1965-1969 based on a Zenit E with added shutter release on the bottom. Accepts standard 35mm film, MANY varieties of which are available on eBay for
Doreen Schurle
Back to the retro for the next item; it's a Polaroid Land Camera 320. Not particularly common this side of the pond, this one's in good condition; no scratches on the optics, snappy shutter, nice contrast on the rangefinder, and no corrosion on the battery contacts.

You can find more information about the packfilm series Polaroids here; this is a mid-high model, as it includes the rangefinder of the 3/400 series, but lacks the full manual control of the X50 models. One general point to bear in mind is that these packfilm models are the ONLY line of Polaroid cameras which you can currently get decent film for. The 600 series cameras - the "square" ones that everyone knows and loves - had their film discontinued by Polaroid back in 2009. There's a company called the Impossible Project which make (very expensive) replacement film for them, but its "experimental" to say the least. This one, along with all other packfilm models, will accept Fuji FP-100C and FP-3000B, which is MUCH cheaper and available in large quantities of fresh stock online. This is the "peel-apart" style film which allows control over the exposure by timing the development. You can also obtain a much higher quality negative for scanning purposes with some careful scalpel work.

So, what's included? The camera itself, obviously; the auxiliary flash unit which takes M3 flashbulbs (one is included), the Polaroid "cold clip" which you place the film in to develop, the user manual, and a rugged leather case to store the lot in. Everything's in good nick, and the rollers in the camera itself are nice and clean.

Looking for
Doreen Schurle
The next item up for sale is my first ever DSLR. I bought this new about 3 years ago, and only used it for around 3 months (total shutter count 3,734), so it's had VERY light use. Ever since then its been sat on my shelf; couldn't bring myself to get rid of it since it's still a perfectly good piece of kit, but it's just not getting the use it deserves.

Stuff for Sale Alpha-10.jpg

It's a 14.2MP APS-C camera which takes Sony Alpha-mount (Minolta AF mount) lenses, as well as M42 lenses via an adapter. Could be used as a digital body for the M42 lenses that come with the Zenit Photosniper; since it's an APS-C digital body, the effective focal lengths of 35mm lenses is multiplied by a factor of 1.4x (also known as a crop factor), which means the Tair-3 above would be an effective 420mm lens; perfect for long-range wildlife stuff.

The rear screen is articulated, and can be tilted outwards and away from the body for waist-level shooting, or even when held high above you; these early Alphas with the tilting screens were popular with the paparazzi for that very reason, but there are plenty of less dodgy/immoral reasons for having the tilting screen There are a few light scratches on the screen and one moderately deep one towards the bottom right, but they're light enough that they're difficult to capture in photos.

The standard lens supplied with the A350 is an 18-70mm f3.5-5.6 zoom, which is a general all-purpose lens, ranging from wide at 18mm, to short telephoto at 70mm. The 18-70 is optically perfect; no marks or scratches on either the front or rear element, and comes with both caps and a hood. I'll also throw in an older 70-210mm f4.5-5.6 Tokina lens I used to use with a Minolta Maxxum 5000i; this is a long telephoto lens, with nice quick autofocus. There is a small scratch on the front element (pictured) but front element scratches do not adversely affect image quality.

Camera will be supplied in its original box with all associated bits and bobs (charger, battery, software, etc) along with a separate Sony Alpha-branded DSLR pouch containing the Tokina lens.

I'm asking for
Doreen Schurle
Okay, so as detailed over here, I'm having a big ol' clearout of my photography gear The stuff I'll be posting on here will be done in drips and drabs over the next few months so as not to overwhelm everyone (or my poor Post Office downstairs!).

To give a rough idea of the sort of scale, here's ONE of the bookcases I have filled with gear atm. (There's two of these, as well as 5 or 6 crates and 2 big moving boxes (1m*1m*2m) all full of cameras).

So, the first item. It's a Zenit Photosniper FS-3. Produced at the KMZ factory in Moscow, this is the early version circa 1965-1969 based on a Zenit E with added shutter release on the bottom. Accepts standard 35mm film, MANY varieties of which are available on eBay for
Doreen Schurle
Back to the retro for the next item; it's a Polaroid Land Camera 320. Not particularly common this side of the pond, this one's in good condition; no scratches on the optics, snappy shutter, nice contrast on the rangefinder, and no corrosion on the battery contacts.

You can find more information about the packfilm series Polaroids here; this is a mid-high model, as it includes the rangefinder of the 3/400 series, but lacks the full manual control of the X50 models. One general point to bear in mind is that these packfilm models are the ONLY line of Polaroid cameras which you can currently get decent film for. The 600 series cameras - the "square" ones that everyone knows and loves - had their film discontinued by Polaroid back in 2009. There's a company called the Impossible Project which make (very expensive) replacement film for them, but its "experimental" to say the least. This one, along with all other packfilm models, will accept Fuji FP-100C and FP-3000B, which is MUCH cheaper and available in large quantities of fresh stock online. This is the "peel-apart" style film which allows control over the exposure by timing the development. You can also obtain a much higher quality negative for scanning purposes with some careful scalpel work.

So, what's included? The camera itself, obviously; the auxiliary flash unit which takes M3 flashbulbs (one is included), the Polaroid "cold clip" which you place the film in to develop, the user manual, and a rugged leather case to store the lot in. Everything's in good nick, and the rollers in the camera itself are nice and clean.

Looking for
Doreen Schurle
The next item up for sale is my first ever DSLR. I bought this new about 3 years ago, and only used it for around 3 months (total shutter count 3,734), so it's had VERY light use. Ever since then its been sat on my shelf; couldn't bring myself to get rid of it since it's still a perfectly good piece of kit, but it's just not getting the use it deserves.

It's a 14.2MP APS-C camera which takes Sony Alpha-mount (Minolta AF mount) lenses, as well as M42 lenses via an adapter. Could be used as a digital body for the M42 lenses that come with the Zenit Photosniper; since it's an APS-C digital body, the effective focal lengths of 35mm lenses is multiplied by a factor of 1.4x (also known as a crop factor), which means the Tair-3 above would be an effective 420mm lens; perfect for long-range wildlife stuff.

The rear screen is articulated, and can be tilted outwards and away from the body for waist-level shooting, or even when held high above you; these early Alphas with the tilting screens were popular with the paparazzi for that very reason, but there are plenty of less dodgy/immoral reasons for having the tilting screen There are a few light scratches on the screen and one moderately deep one towards the bottom right, but they're light enough that they're difficult to capture in photos.

The standard lens supplied with the A350 is an 18-70mm f3.5-5.6 zoom, which is a general all-purpose lens, ranging from wide at 18mm, to short telephoto at 70mm. The 18-70 is optically perfect; no marks or scratches on either the front or rear element, and comes with both caps and a hood. I'll also throw in an older 70-210mm f4.5-5.6 Tokina lens I used to use with a Minolta Maxxum 5000i; this is a long telephoto lens, with nice quick autofocus. There is a small scratch on the front element (pictured) but front element scratches do not adversely affect image quality.

Camera will be supplied in its original box with all associated bits and bobs (charger, battery, software, etc) along with a separate Sony Alpha-branded DSLR pouch containing the Tokina lens.

I'm asking for
Doreen Schurle

Doreen Schurle

Looking for
Doreen Schurle

I'm asking for
Doreen Schurle

Doreen Schurle

Looking for
Doreen Schurle

I'm asking for
Doreen Schurle

Doreen Schurle

Looking for
Doreen Schurle

I'm asking for
Doreen Schurle

Doreen Schurle

Looking for
Doreen Schurle

I'm asking for
Doreen Schurle

Alleen Kimminau
how much for the polariod land camera?
Also, I live in Canada, so how much is the postage going to be?
Teresia Janusch
Not a bad collection dude! If you have any lenses your looking to get rid of, Nikon fit (or adaptable) f1.2'ish primes or 500mm+ telephoto let me know
Doreen Schurle

Looking for
Doreen Schurle

I'm asking for

<< Back to MarketplaceReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy