Slight N00b Question

Home :: General Discussion :: Slight N00b QuestionReply
Slight N00b Question
Posted on: 09.12.2013 by Marilynn Rengers
I recently had the displeasure of breaking my mixer during a gig to the point it doesn't work at all and need something to mix with fast.

Is it possible to use my Hercules RMX (which i already have mapped for Traktor) as a mixer and control the decks with vinyl if I connect the turntables to my Audio 6 and route the outputs to the RMX's inputs? i'm trying this now but can't get any sound to come out of the RMX.

Thanks for the help DJTT!

Matt
Shira Narwold
Originally Posted by SantotoMT
thanks. is there a way to switch to MP3s too so i can use the music on my computer with timecode as well as vinyl?
You can just switch the live decks back to Track decks. Or you can have 2 track decks and 2 live input decks. Just make sure to turn down the volume on the decks you're not using, because timecode signal may play through the live decks.
Marilynn Rengers
I recently had the displeasure of breaking my mixer during a gig to the point it doesn't work at all and need something to mix with fast.

Is it possible to use my Hercules RMX (which i already have mapped for Traktor) as a mixer and control the decks with vinyl if I connect the turntables to my Audio 6 and route the outputs to the RMX's inputs? i'm trying this now but can't get any sound to come out of the RMX.

Thanks for the help DJTT!

Matt
Shira Narwold
Originally Posted by SantotoMT
thanks. is there a way to switch to MP3s too so i can use the music on my computer with timecode as well as vinyl?
You can just switch the live decks back to Track decks. Or you can have 2 track decks and 2 live input decks. Just make sure to turn down the volume on the decks you're not using, because timecode signal may play through the live decks.
Alphonso Deitchman
You can use timecode through the A6 with internal mixing too.
Marilynn Rengers
Shira Narwold
You could route the turntables into live input decks in Traktor. Then you use the RMX for internal mixing. Then just send the output back into your audio interface.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy