Traktor Pro 2 takes hours to open?

Home :: General Discussion :: Traktor Pro 2 takes hours to open?Reply
Traktor Pro 2 takes hours to open?
Posted on: 12.12.2013 by Roselle Hagerdon
Ok I already emailed Native Instruments tech support about this and they are useless and slow to return feedback. When I try to launch Traktor Pro 2 it takes hours to open up. The task bar indicates it's running in the background but it's not open?

I had Windows 7 32 bit then upgraded to Windows 8 64 bit. Traktor was working just fine on Windows 8, now it's not opening at all.

This is what I tried I moved the Traktor folder on the desktop and tried to launch it from there. That didn't work.
I deleted the program and all the folders associated with it using Revo uninstaller (the registry was cleaned out)
I right clicked open as administrator that didn't work?

The only thing I can believe of is I changed some of the Windows settings to optimize audio based on DJ Tech Tools suggestions. http://youtu.be/5Bla5vvQBG8?t=1m50s

I tried searching for an answer but couldn't find anything.

Please help
Roselle Hagerdon
Thank you everyone, this whole issue may have been due to a corrupted file. I found a m4a file "Somebody That I used to Know" crashed out Traktor when I imported my music files. Strangely from a fresh install it didn't effect the initial installation. But when I updated and choose to keep previous settings and music library that's when it got screwy?

I'm a Windows 7 user and am not terrible familiar with Windows 8, but it could be an indexing issue. Take a look in Resource Monitor (in the run command line type perfmon.exe /res )to see if its hogging your CPU. I had a similar issue a few weeks ago after I ripped about 30GB of vinyl...Traktor took FOREVER to open. I disabled indexing for my Music Library folder, and everything has been peachy since.

"jnkarrik:Two services to look for in the Resource Monitor CPU tab are searchfilterhost.exe and searchprotocolhost.exe. The two collectively were eating up over 65% of my CPU. If this ends up being the problem, launch the Indexing Options applet (Windows search "indexing"), select the modify button, and then exclude your Traktor collection folder."

I'm going to do this too, thank you DJ Tech Tool community you rock!
Julius Milosavljevic
Originally Posted by stuie66

This is what I tried I moved the Traktor folder on the desktop and tried to launch it from there. That didn't work.
Why did you do this? This will especially break service centre as it is hard coded by default to your default install locations.
Julius Milosavljevic
Originally Posted by makar1
You should probably do a clean reinstall of all applications after upgrading Windows.
This is incorrect advice and completely uneccessary.
Wilford Aarts
Hopefully you have this sorted by now, but if not you may want to see if Windows Indexing is hogging your CPU. If you have just recently dumped your music back into a clean Windows install, Windows may be trying to index your music folder. I had a similar issue to what you described a few weeks ago after ripping roughly 30GB of vinyl.

Open Resource Monitor (in Windows 8, run perfmon.exe /res) and see if searchfilterhost.exe and/or searchprotocolhost.exe are running. If they are, go into Indexing Options and disable indexing for your Music Library (or Traktor collection folder or whatever). Best of luck!
Wilford Aarts
I'm a Windows 7 user and am not terrible familiar with Windows 8, but it could be an indexing issue. Take a look in Resource Monitor (in the run command line type perfmon.exe /res )to see if its hogging your CPU. I had a similar issue a few weeks ago after I ripped about 30GB of vinyl...Traktor took FOREVER to open. I disabled indexing for my Music Library folder, and everything has been peachy since.

Two services to look for in the Resource Monitor CPU tab are searchfilterhost.exe and searchprotocolhost.exe. The two collectively were eating up over 65% of my CPU. If this ends up being the problem, launch the Indexing Options applet (Windows search "indexing"), select the modify button, and then exclude your Traktor collection folder.
Roselle Hagerdon
Ok so after the re-install of my OS Traktor worked fine. I had no issues for almost a month. Then when I downloaded the newer version of Traktor today a window popped up and asked me if I wanted use my files from my previous version. I clicked on yes, now it's doing the same thing. It's taking forever to pull up. I wonder if there is a file corrupt, possible a remix deck?
nayit ruiz jaramillo
Yes I have they sent me their NI support tool. I ran the software and sent it back to them yesterday evening. I haven't heard anything back yet.
You won't hear from NI Support over the weekend. They don't work at the weekend AFAIK.
Roselle Hagerdon
Originally Posted by dripstep
Have you opened a support ticket with native instruments?
Yes I have they sent me their NI support tool. I ran the software and sent it back to them yesterday evening. I haven't heard anything back yet.
Roselle Hagerdon
Originally Posted by Sleurhutje
Remove the previous installation(s). Restart the computer. Start a new installation with Administrator priviledges (right click on the installer file). Traktop Pro needs to be installed in Administrator mode otherwise you will encouter problems for sure.

When installed in Administrator mode, the Service Center will Always start in this mode and update correctly.

Also check if Windows UAC isn't disabled (see http://www.articulate.com/support/st...f-in-windows-8). Disabling UAC might also result in priviledge problems.

When there's still a massive delay in startup, uncheck Import Music-folders at Startup in the File Management in Settings.

On some Windows 8 installs I've seen that Traktor Pro starts, flashes the screen a few times and than minimizes untill fully started. When not visible after some time and inactivity of the harddisk, you can click in the bottom right corner next to the clock. Clicking once will minimize all opened apps. Now click Traktor Pro on the taskbar to return to the previous Window size (which was left in an incorrect state, just happens with some apps). You can also try to right click on the task bar and select one of the windows tiling options, perhaps the main window is shown extremely minimized of outside of the visible area (happens when on multiple or other sized monitors used previously).
Thank you for the detailed suggestions, unfortunately that didn't work either. I'm just going to re-install Windows 8 again I tried everything.
Roselle Hagerdon
Originally Posted by space monkey
And after that...if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm believeing those optimizations may be a tad outdated(?)
Haven't had to do anything like the video suggests since I ran Windows XP but I use a Mac at home now. I can't however speak for Windows 8 optimizations.
What kind of gear are you using...audio card, MIDI devices etc...

Also you may want to look at Event Viewer to see what sort of error messages you find. In Windows 7 it is under Control Panel>System and Security> Administrative Tools>Event Viewer. Maybe Windows 8 is the same
I'm using a S4
Roselle Hagerdon
Ok I already emailed Native Instruments tech support about this and they are useless and slow to return feedback. When I try to launch Traktor Pro 2 it takes hours to open up. The task bar indicates it's running in the background but it's not open?

I had Windows 7 32 bit then upgraded to Windows 8 64 bit. Traktor was working just fine on Windows 8, now it's not opening at all.

I deleted the program and all the folders associated with it using Revo uninstaller (the registry was cleaned out)
I right clicked open as administrator that didn't work?

The only thing I can believe of is I changed some of the Windows settings to optimize audio based on DJ Tech Tools suggestions. http://youtu.be/5Bla5vvQBG8?t=1m50s

I tried searching for an answer but couldn't find anything.

Please help
Alberta Oberti
The folder C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Native Instruments\Traktor 2.x.x\ contains all essential information. But you need to have a good backup of your files. By restoring this folder and putting the audio files in the same folders as before, all should work fine after reinstalling Windows and Traktor Pro.
Roselle Hagerdon
I just re-installed Windows & started over again. It works now but all my queue points, play lists & ratings. I wonder if there may have been an old history file floating around. I even made a video in hopes someone will figure it out.
nayit ruiz jaramillo
You won't hear from NI Support over the weekend. They don't work at the weekend AFAIK.
Roselle Hagerdon
Originally Posted by dripstep
Roselle Hagerdon
Originally Posted by Sleurhutje
Remove the previous installation(s). Restart the computer. Start a new installation with Administrator priviledges (right click on the installer file). Traktop Pro needs to be installed in Administrator mode otherwise you will encouter problems for sure.

When installed in Administrator mode, the Service Center will Always start in this mode and update correctly.

Also check if Windows UAC isn't disabled (see http://www.articulate.com/support/st...f-in-windows-8). Disabling UAC might also result in priviledge problems.

When there's still a massive delay in startup, uncheck Import Music-folders at Startup in the File Management in Settings.

On some Windows 8 installs I've seen that Traktor Pro starts, flashes the screen a few times and than minimizes untill fully started. When not visible after some time and inactivity of the harddisk, you can click in the bottom right corner next to the clock. Clicking once will minimize all opened apps. Now click Traktor Pro on the taskbar to return to the previous Window size (which was left in an incorrect state, just happens with some apps). You can also try to right click on the task bar and select one of the windows tiling options, perhaps the main window is shown extremely minimized of outside of the visible area (happens when on multiple or other sized monitors used previously).
Thank you for the detailed suggestions, unfortunately that didn't work either. I'm just going to re-install Windows 8 again I tried everything.
Yong Aptekar
Alberta Oberti

Roselle Hagerdon
OK do you believe this has something to do with my problem. When I was updating to 2.6.5 it failed in the Traktor Service Center? I don't know what the heck is wrong this is frustrating. SMH
Roselle Hagerdon
Originally Posted by space monkey
And after that...if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm believeing those optimizations may be a tad outdated(?)
Haven't had to do anything like the video suggests since I ran Windows XP but I use a Mac at home now. I can't however speak for Windows 8 optimizations.

Also you may want to look at Event Viewer to see what sort of error messages you find. In Windows 7 it is under Control Panel>System and Security> Administrative Tools>Event Viewer. Maybe Windows 8 is the same
I'm using a S4
Roselle Hagerdon
I did do a clean re-install all after I upgraded to Windows 8. You had to when you go from 32 bit Windows 7 to 64 bit Windows 8. It worked just fine on Windows 8 until now. Something has to be corrupted?
Branden Wentler

Alphonso Deitchman
You should probably do a clean reinstall of all applications after upgrading Windows.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy