PC Soundcard choices

Home :: General Discussion :: PC Soundcard choicesReply
PC Soundcard choices
Posted on: 04.12.2013 by Tobi Rodriges
Hi all.
Ive just sorted myself out regarding live broadcasts for my mixes, on sites such as Mixlr & Mixify. Only the free accounts so i know im running lower quality audio and thats fine.

My question is i only have a PC soundcard running 3.5mm jacks in/out.

Do any of you guys upgrade your soundcards to ones with RCA or 6.3mm audio in so your streaming quality is better? Or am i wasting my time as it wont make much difference?

Regards

Buttkick
Camille Scillieri
Originally Posted by Buttkick
Howdy guys

Nah the sound is fine my end, because im using DJ speakers directly from the S2 im using, im bypassing the PC soundcard completely.

The issue im concentrating on is the sound quality for someone who is listening to a broadcast i do across the net, obviously then the sound needs to be looped back into the PC (via the onboard sound) which is input through the 3.5mm jack.

I just want the clearest sound possible really thats all. I just wondered if other people had upgraded their sound cards for this same purpose and if so what the results were

Id looked into the soundblaster and also an ASUS card too, the only one i could find with 2 x RCA inputs.

Regards

Buttkick
You can use the Audio 2 sound card and set the quality up real high and it sounds quite nice. I have done it numerous times. If you have a good sound card in your computer though there isn't really any need.
Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by makar1
Have a look at the Creative Sound Blaster and the ASUS Xonar series if you're looking for a PCIe card for your desktop, and don't want to spend too much.

The input connector type does not affect sound quality.
I thought the Sound Blaster was more for gaming?
Tobi Rodriges
Hi all.
Ive just sorted myself out regarding live broadcasts for my mixes, on sites such as Mixlr & Mixify. Only the free accounts so i know im running lower quality audio and thats fine.

My question is i only have a PC soundcard running 3.5mm jacks in/out.

Do any of you guys upgrade your soundcards to ones with RCA or 6.3mm audio in so your streaming quality is better? Or am i wasting my time as it wont make much difference?

Regards

Buttkick
Camille Scillieri
Originally Posted by Buttkick
Howdy guys

Nah the sound is fine my end, because im using DJ speakers directly from the S2 im using, im bypassing the PC soundcard completely.

The issue im concentrating on is the sound quality for someone who is listening to a broadcast i do across the net, obviously then the sound needs to be looped back into the PC (via the onboard sound) which is input through the 3.5mm jack.

I just want the clearest sound possible really thats all. I just wondered if other people had upgraded their sound cards for this same purpose and if so what the results were

Id looked into the soundblaster and also an ASUS card too, the only one i could find with 2 x RCA inputs.

Regards

Buttkick
You can use the Audio 2 sound card and set the quality up real high and it sounds quite nice. I have done it numerous times. If you have a good sound card in your computer though there isn't really any need.
Tobi Rodriges
Howdy guys

Regards

Buttkick
Yong Aptekar
Does the sound card on your computer sound bad? If it sounds fine to you, just use what you have.
Alycia Niederriter
Originally Posted by makar1
Have a look at the Creative Sound Blaster and the ASUS Xonar series if you're looking for a PCIe card for your desktop, and don't want to spend too much.

I thought the Sound Blaster was more for gaming?
Alphonso Deitchman

Lawana Mileto
Do you need any ins?

And do you only need the one set of outs?

Soundcards will increase sound quality, so depends what you want.
Alycia Niederriter
Don't know a lot about sound cards, Audio 2 is meant to be good.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy