Traktor Kontrol F1 help

Home :: General Discussion :: Traktor Kontrol F1 helpReply
Traktor Kontrol F1 help
Posted on: 16.12.2013 by Temple Cervelli
Since watching DJTT's 'How i Play' with dubfire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2byCi...ure=youtu.be&a

I have been really pushed over the edge on my thoughts of getting a Kontrol F1, I thought about it before, but I have Maschine and thought that made getting an F1 pointless. Now since watching dubfire's DJTT video, its made me realise that it's more for loops, and im aaaaaaaall about loops.

So, question is, will i still use my Kontrol X1?

I have TSP2, i use all 4 decks as track decks, and i have 2 Kontrol X1s, I use 1 for Deck A&B and 1 for deck C&D. So Would getting an F1 just redeem one-side of my Kontrol X1 obsolete, as ill switch deck D to a remix deck and use the F1, and of course when i dont fancy using the F1, ill just revert back to Track deck...

I'm only curious because dubfire only has 1 Kontrol X1 (MK2 )and his Kontrol F1 in the video, so I was wondering how he controls that 3rd traktor deck, as he doesnt have a 2nd X1 for it.

Thanks
Temple Cervelli
I can pick up a Novation Launchpad for like
Temple Cervelli
Temple Cervelli
Temple Cervelli
Temple Cervelli
Temple Cervelli
Waldo Sinegal
I would defiantly play around with the remix decks and the gear you got before buying the f1. NI just put a mapping out for the maschine and the remixes decks so id mess around with that (article about that) before buying an f1. if you feel limited by what you have then def get an f1. i love mine
Temple Cervelli
Temple Cervelli
Temple Cervelli
Temple Cervelli
Temple Cervelli
Originally Posted by Sambo
If you want to blow minds with the F1 you gotta run something like Ableton to create the best loops and effects. Chopping bits of tracks is fine but making your own stuff is where the money is at with the F1
I run Ableton in my set up atm, I host Maschine as a plugin inside of it and use Ableton plugins on maschine sounds.

As for remix decks, I can just use Logic to create loops and then just bounce them out and drag N drop them into remix slots. Is this what you meant? I use logic for production and Ableton integrated with Maschine and Traktor for DJing, so I would make loops in Logic
Temple Cervelli
Since watching DJTT's 'How i Play' with dubfire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2byCi...ure=youtu.be&a

I have been really pushed over the edge on my thoughts of getting a Kontrol F1, I thought about it before, but I have Maschine and thought that made getting an F1 pointless. Now since watching dubfire's DJTT video, its made me realise that it's more for loops, and im aaaaaaaall about loops.

So, question is, will i still use my Kontrol X1?

I have TSP2, i use all 4 decks as track decks, and i have 2 Kontrol X1s, I use 1 for Deck A&B and 1 for deck C&D. So Would getting an F1 just redeem one-side of my Kontrol X1 obsolete, as ill switch deck D to a remix deck and use the F1, and of course when i dont fancy using the F1, ill just revert back to Track deck...

I'm only curious because dubfire only has 1 Kontrol X1 (MK2 )and his Kontrol F1 in the video, so I was wondering how he controls that 3rd traktor deck, as he doesnt have a 2nd X1 for it.

Thanks
Fatimah Czuprynski
since the remix decks, you can put any track into a remix slot, if there is a maximum, i still haven't found it.

The FX is a easy one. Just activate the FX for the slot you want it to work on (move the cursor on the orange line) and then activate the FX channel on the Remix Deck channel (like every other deck) and start flanging ^^.

PS: if you would answer my PM i could help you easily out ^^
Temple Cervelli
I didnt end up getting the Launchpad, I'm just going to see how I do with the remix decks and then decide on an F! if i like the remix decks. I'm going to build some loops in Logic and then bounce and import them into a new 'Loop' playlist in Traktor, pretty excited...

Im all about loops so i can see myself getting on well with it, then i will get an F1.

IS their anything in the Traktor PDF about the remix decks? I'll need some sort of help on them, whats the longest/biggest size loop i can use, how to apply my traktor FX over them, etc.
Fatimah Czuprynski
hey mate, you could of course play loops in ableton with the launchpad. It's not as smooth and satisfying as playing loops with the f1 in the remixdecks but it does the job. actually you have more possibilities through ableton.

Anyway, you could also use a remix deck mapping for the launchpad. yet again, it wont be as smooth as playing with a f1, but you might get used to it (since it has no faders etc.).

It's of course all a matter of personal preference.
Temple Cervelli
Temple Cervelli
Yeah that's what I'm going to do, I'll just use the trackpad to play the loops in the remix decks. I already use Maschine standalone synced with Traktor and as well as a plugin inside of Ableton, so I wouldn't want to use the Maschine mapping for it as I wouldn't be able to use Maschine for my sample and step sequencer.

I wouldn't want to have to keep going back and forth templates to control the remix decks and then back to normal
Aleisha Nakaoka
I have a MAschine MK2, f1, x1 and s2. I would love to be able to sync Maschine and Traktor (properly) and just use Maschine in a live input deck but that doesn't seem to be an option.

I create tons of loops using Maschine and build original remix sets w/ them. I control Decks A and B w/ my S2 and C and D w/ the x1. Remix decks on C and D. Also, I use the loop recorder ALL the time to record mixed and effected loops to drop into remix decks on the fly.

IMHO, it's cool that MAschine can map to remix decks but I love my f1. The layout is perfect w/ the faders and filters and reverse button. I've not tried to use Maschine w/ remix decks but I wouldn't wanna give up my f1.
Temple Cervelli
Originally Posted by Sambo
If you want to blow minds with the F1 you gotta run something like Ableton to create the best loops and effects. Chopping bits of tracks is fine but making your own stuff is where the money is at with the F1
I run Ableton in my set up atm, I host Maschine as a plugin inside of it and use Ableton plugins on maschine sounds.

As for remix decks, I can just use Logic to create loops and then just bounce them out and drag N drop them into remix slots. Is this what you meant? I use logic for production and Ableton integrated with Maschine and Traktor for DJing, so I would make loops in Logic
Jetta Drenzek
Temple Cervelli
Hmmm... I'll try playing around with the remix decks and see how i get on with them, ill look up how to use the Traktor Loop recorder and drag N drop some loops into it, tbh, if i do like it, i will get an F1, it's obviously the dedicated controller for it, i dont want to map maschine to do it tho, im using that with ableton/plugin so want to keep it how it is.

Cheers guys
Delena Katherman
If you really want to use the Remix Decks most efficiently, get an F1.

Yes, you can map everything out to another controller. But, the F1 works so perfectly (as it should since it was designed for that purpose) that there is really no substitute if you plan to use loops extensively.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't play without it. You can still use the other X1 if you really want to. Sometimes I use my X1 on the Remix Decks for effects, or I'll put it on Flux Mode and play with the loop length function for builds or whatever. It won't necessarily be obsolete with an F1, as they really do very different things.
Petra Arra
i once read that you can map the x1 to the remix decks. Pads will not be the same as the F1 and the mapping won't be as tight but it can do. I was mapping my f1 to function like the x1 so I traded it for a real x1.

I once had an F1, now i use the MF3D to launch clips in the remix decks.
Kellie Myrum
To start playing with, a best bet is to load perfectly gridded track in to track deck. Than use ether a loop recorder if you want to drag and drop loops in remix deck, or, use a mapping command called 'Slot Capture From Deck' to use an instant button action.

If your grids are a bit off there is an option to edit them but also the start/end position. Refer to manual if you get stuck
Temple Cervelli
Okay cool I will check that out. For the mean while-I haven't got an F1, I want to play around with the remix decks, so can I use a loop that I have just set/hotcued on a track in Traktor? Or do I actually have to load precisely programmed and gridded loops?
Kellie Myrum
That wouldn't require X1 though. You can just enable Unit On controls for your remix deck of choice by pressing buttons in the mixer section of the screen. Then you'll be able to route each individual slot directly from F1.
Temple Cervelli
Ah yeah true. I just wondered why he didn't have a 2nd X1 with his set up whole filming.

I'll just want the F1 for launching my loops. Can I apply my Traktor FX via Kontrol X1 over loops on the remix deck?
Kellie Myrum
That was a sound check. I bet he got a few more X1's at him. However, you can access the MIDI mode in F1 and map it for what ever you can believe of.
Temple Cervelli
After checking on the NI community , it seems as tho people are not using their F1 now due to being able to map Maschine to the remix decks to launch loops...

So, erm... Any help with this? Maybe mapping Maschine to the remix decks isnt so reliable or maybe it is, should i get an F1 or map maschine.!?

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy