All-in-one board sound connections..help a rookie

Home :: General Discussion :: All-in-one board sound connections..help a rookieReply
All-in-one board sound connections..help a rookie
Posted on: 24.12.2013 by Justine Hazelman
So, I've searched the community s, manual, etc. and can't find this seemingly simple answer.

About to purchase a Pioneer DDJ-SX to be used with Traktor. I know the traditional setups (CDJ's -> computer -> Sound card -> mixer). Soo...do I need an an external sound card with this all in one unit? I'm hooking up my speakers via XLR. Does the single USB connection from the DDJ-SX unit suffice? (i.e., does is send info both way eliminating the need for an external sound card, or do I need one?)

Running Traktor Pro, MBPro, DDJ-SX (don't have it yet, hence the questions), and Rokits if this info matters.

Thanks guys and girls!
Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by EeBe
Soo...do I need an an external sound card with this all in one unit?
Nope
Justine Hazelman
So, I've searched the community s, manual, etc. and can't find this seemingly simple answer.

About to purchase a Pioneer DDJ-SX to be used with Traktor. I know the traditional setups (CDJ's -> computer -> Sound card -> mixer). Soo...do I need an an external sound card with this all in one unit? I'm hooking up my speakers via XLR. Does the single USB connection from the DDJ-SX unit suffice? (i.e., does is send info both way eliminating the need for an external sound card, or do I need one?)

Running Traktor Pro, MBPro, DDJ-SX (don't have it yet, hence the questions), and Rokits if this info matters.

Thanks guys and girls!
Justine Hazelman
Thanks for the help y'all. Hopefully I'll be mixing it up soon (if only a small helicopter could deliver my order in 30m or less...). We'll see if I can put these harmonic mixing techniques into practice, too.

Regards,
Justine Hazelman
Many thanks!
Wilton Keuning
Built in card. YER GOOD BRO.

It'll go:

Computer>USB>DDJ-SX>XLR>KRK
Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by EeBe
Soo...do I need an an external sound card with this all in one unit?
Nope

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy