Kontrol X1's froze during gig!!!! NOT COOL!!

Home :: General Discussion :: Kontrol X1's froze during gig!!!! NOT COOL!!Reply
Kontrol X1's froze during gig!!!! NOT COOL!!
Posted on: 23.12.2013 by Heike Mumm
This weekend i was playing out and my X1's froze in the 3rd hour of my set!! PEAK TIME!! Luckily the TA10 interface and Traktor 2.6 were still working fine, so i used the laptop keyboard to play/cue and my Xone 92 for mixing. I then did a Reverb washout and put on a set on my ipod. Then restarted the laptop, didn't help. I then re-installed the X1 drivers, deleted my controller tsi and re-imported my TSI and then things worked fine.

I am on Snow Leopard 10.6.8, the last version of Traktor which supports Snow Leopard and all the latest drivers for the X1. This had happened once maybe 3 years ago and things had been fine since then.

I cannot afford the same glitch on NYE.
Any idea why this happened and what i can do to prevent this from happening again ?

Reminded of that Deadmau5 video in which he started banging his X1 on the table!!!!

Thanks!
Heike Mumm
This weekend i was playing out and my X1's froze in the 3rd hour of my set!! PEAK TIME!! Luckily the TA10 interface and Traktor 2.6 were still working fine, so i used the laptop keyboard to play/cue and my Xone 92 for mixing. I then did a Reverb washout and put on a set on my ipod. Then restarted the laptop, didn't help. I then re-installed the X1 drivers, deleted my controller tsi and re-imported my TSI and then things worked fine.

I am on Snow Leopard 10.6.8, the last version of Traktor which supports Snow Leopard and all the latest drivers for the X1. This had happened once maybe 3 years ago and things had been fine since then.

I cannot afford the same glitch on NYE.
Any idea why this happened and what i can do to prevent this from happening again ?

Reminded of that Deadmau5 video in which he started banging his X1 on the table!!!!

Thanks!
Heike Mumm
Agreed, they have been rock solid 99% of the time!
Sybil Seam
Wow, I've never heard of this happening before. I've been using an X1 for quite some time and it's never given me any serious problems like that. I recommend you buying a new one. When playing out, stick a USB/CD in the club's CDJs so that you have a backup in case anything goes wrong.
Hulda Ramprasad
Once every 3 year isn't a bad return, to be fair...

And who is to say it was the X1's? Could have been a laptop USB issue, perhaps. Could be Traktor just 'being Traktor'.

If it happens so infrequently, I can't see how you're ever going to diagnose what the problem was.
Alease Fitch
Yup, mine works like a charm
Heike Mumm
ummmm so myself and Deadmau5 are the only ones with Broken X1's ???

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy