hearthis.at (sc/mc alternative)

Home :: General Discussion :: hearthis.at (sc/mc alternative)Reply
hearthis.at (sc/mc alternative)
Posted on: 11.04.2013 by Matt Kane
so here is the deal:

a friend of mine made this pretty neat new website called HEARTHIS.AT. i believe this site has a lot of potential. it is free, looks good, no flash and you can transfer your sounds directly from soundcloud (woot).

if you are interested in trying something new, feel free to sign up there and start doing your thing.

i
Random X
Originally Posted by SlayForMoney
Hey guys, who else has been using HearThis? Post your username so we can follow you on HT
I've been super happy with HT, liking this 3000dl/8000plays for a free account.
You will be able to find me if you look for a mix that starts with lj002
Vella Kibe
A little update: would be nice if autoplay isn't enabled, I keep bumping up number of plays on my own mixes each time I visit.
autoplay is now disabled. thank you for your comment.
you can now also choose 4 music styles for your artist profile.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by balakoth
Its not really an IE Bias.. Designing sites that work flawlessly in Chrome and Firefox must be hacked up like a dead fish to work in IE> For some reason Microsoft feels themselves above web standards.

Internet Explorer has been a bane of my career for so many years, that I like watching old CDs of IE melt rapidly before my eyes.

IE is slightly better... but still the largest piece of crap on the market
Erm, you realise IE9, 10 and 11 are the only browsers which follow the W3C specifications exactly, right? It was Firefox and Chrome who broke things with their proprietary -webkit and -firefox CSS extensions. If you write compliant code, it works perfectly in IE.
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
Aside from an inability to skip forward in tracks (you can skip back, however), the site works perfectly in IE. Unless you ditch the anti-Internet Explorer bias, nobody will be able to take the site seriously unfortunately.
Its not really an IE Bias.. Designing sites that work flawlessly in Chrome and Firefox must be hacked up like a dead fish to work in IE> For some reason Microsoft feels themselves above web standards.

Internet Explorer has been a bane of my career for so many years, that I like watching old CDs of IE melt rapidly before my eyes.

Shawn Vanhaitsma
Originally Posted by Shawne
hearthis.at is a privat project which is powered by sponsoring and donations.

In near future there will be Pro and Premium plans for power users, but in general it will be free and unlimited.
Noble cause, looks nice... Good luck keeping it free of advertising, unless you have the desire to pay for all that bandwidth you are soon to use in a rapid pace

I myself am currently working on a streaming codec to allow for minimal data transfer at high possible resolution (lower than ACC that is available to only Windows Media player in a proper form at this point :/ ), what co locations and hosting companies charge for bandwidth now a days is ridiculous
Matt Kane
/edparis it is
Random X
Hey guys, who else has been using HearThis? Post your username so we can follow you on HT
You will be able to find me if you look for a mix that starts with lj002
Isa Erik
Vella Kibe
A little update: would be nice if autoplay isn't enabled, I keep bumping up number of plays on my own mixes each time I visit.
autoplay is now disabled. thank you for your comment.
you can now also choose 4 music styles for your artist profile.
Isa Erik
Isa Erik
Awesome site!

Quick customer support (had small trouble with validating email), fast upload, many options for profile/mix/background picture (not even SoundCloud has that!).
And yes, multiple genres tags would be nice.
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by balakoth

Erm, you realise IE9, 10 and 11 are the only browsers which follow the W3C specifications exactly, right? It was Firefox and Chrome who broke things with their proprietary -webkit and -firefox CSS extensions. If you write compliant code, it works perfectly in IE.
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Originally Posted by mdcdesign
Aside from an inability to skip forward in tracks (you can skip back, however), the site works perfectly in IE. Unless you ditch the anti-Internet Explorer bias, nobody will be able to take the site seriously unfortunately.

Doreen Schurle
Shawn Vanhaitsma

In near future there will be Pro and Premium plans for power users, but in general it will be free and unlimited.
Noble cause, looks nice... Good luck keeping it free of advertising, unless you have the desire to pay for all that bandwidth you are soon to use in a rapid pace

I myself am currently working on a streaming codec to allow for minimal data transfer at high possible resolution (lower than ACC that is available to only Windows Media player in a proper form at this point :/ ), what co locations and hosting companies charge for bandwidth now a days is ridiculous
Alease Fitch
Awesome site!
I just have one annoyance, I spin multiple genres yet I can only be listed under one...

Other than that it's looking really slick!
Emelina Chillson
It freezes when loading the uploader so I cant even click alternative upload.
Nedra Fresneda
Having issues with safari as well, haven't tried the alt uploader yet tho. Saw a few random glitches here and there yesterday but they seem to be gone by now.
Vella Kibe
Originally Posted by hellnegative
I am unable to get the uploader to work in chrome.
did you try alternativ upload?
Random X
Tanks Ed Paris for your support!
[..]
Don't worry, he's gonna pay off on that one for a long time. ;P
Emelina Chillson
I am unable to get the uploader to work in chrome.
Vella Kibe
Originally Posted by Michielygil
So out of curiousity, what is your business model?

Corey Tronchin
So out of curiousity, what is your business model?
Hayden Raugh
Originally Posted by Ed Paris
so here is the deal:

a friend of mine made this pretty neat new website called HEARTHIS.AT. i believe this site has a lot of potential. it is free, looks good, no flash and you can transfer your sounds directly from soundcloud (woot).

if you are interested in trying something new, feel free to sign up there and start doing your thing.

i
Vella Kibe
Tanks Ed Paris for your support!

Some detailed information about the project:

It's free, it's unlimited and free from advertisings!

You can create playlists to your DJ mixes, write comments and answer to other comments, create sets with how many tracks or mixes you want.

Your can give your profile, your music and your sets an unique look&feel with covers, background images and image galleries.

All your tracks and mixes on your profile page or set and images in each image gallery can be easily sorted by drag&drop them.

With the "SoundCloud Import" tool you can transfer all your sounds from SoundCloud to hearthis.at with only one easy click!

Follow-Like-Share-Download-Tagging & Co. is as standard as a mobile frontend for all suitable smartphones.

Give it a try: http://hearthis.at/

PLEASE SHARE THE LOVE ! ! ! ! !

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy