Reply to Skipping on Stanton ST150s and Shure M44-7s

Skipping on Stanton ST150s and Shure M44-7s
So... im getting some skipping on traktor scratch pro 2's absolute mode when i'm trying to scratch. Cue-ing is not much issue, but simple scratches like babies and trying to scribble makes it skip a groove back, esp on one side of the deck.

I'm on used stanton st150s (s-curve arm) and brand new m44-7 carts, mounted to technics headshells. I thought that after i swapped out the old used stanton 680v3 hp, that would solve my skipping problem, but i guess not.

Currently using stock stanton slipmats, (waiting for my NI butter rugs) and settings for cart's height is 2, weight 2.5, antiskate 0, angled normally on headshell (front of cart flushed to end of headshell)

I'm sure i've balanced my carts properly and etc. I've no idea why its still skipping.

Now i'm believeing its due to a loose tonearm, but i've no idea how to tighten it, googled but results are.. sketchy and i'm afraid i could damage something. When I shake my tone arm forward (in the direction of the cart) it seems very loose. Is this normal? Or should the tone arm not move at all?

Could any1 point me in the correct direction to solve this problem? Or might it be that im just too heavy handed?

Also, the circles i'm getting on 1 side of the vinyl is kinda distorted, it was the side i've used with my old carts. (Been using for less than 2 weeks, could it have burned out so fast?)

Sorry for the loaddd of questions. Its really bugging me. Hope u guys can help!
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy