Reply to Looking to start a DVS setup

Looking to start a DVS setup
Ever since the American Audio MXR series came out, I've been itching to get myself a DVS setup.

I run Traktor on a Mac at present, so I'm wondering what my best option would be for switching to a software that doesn't need a certified DVS box? (Virtual DJ, Deckadance, Mixxx, etc.) Preferably one with MIDI mapping and a similar feature set to Traktor (Looping, FX, beatjump, hella hotcues, slip/flux mode).

I don't want to spend the money on a pair of Technics. I know they're the industry standard, I know they're smooth as hell and I know they spew rainbows, gold nuggets and make farts that sound like Stevie Wonder singing. I don't want to spend the money. I'm dipping my toes into the world of timecode and turntablism. I'm not looking to make a lifelong investment, just something to start out with.

Here are some of the models I'm considering, and have heard good things about:
Stanton T.62
Stanton T.92
Audio Technica AT-LP120
Numark TTX
American Audio TTD 2400

I want something with some decent torque, that can take a little abuse, and won't fall apart when you look at it funny. I'm looking to spend about $200-600, if I can.

Mixer wise, it's pretty much between the 10 MXR or the 14 MXR. If you know of anything in that price range that's DVS enabled and covers the same bases, please suggest it.

If you know of any good sites to do some turntable digging, point me. Any tips and such on starting up on DVS are also appreciated.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy