VCI Audio won't split.

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: VCI Audio won't split.Reply
VCI Audio won't split.
Posted on: 11.06.2013 by Sumiko Jefford
Using a MacBook Pro OS 10.6.8
Using Traktor 2.6.0
Using a Standard VCI-400

Hey guys, when I connect up my VCI-400 and set up the following settings... http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/detail.p...d_page_url=355... All I get is just the Audio through the headphones. I'm trying to split the main sound through the MBP's Audio line, so I can connect my speakers & the cueing sound through the headphones.

I know this is a noob question, but I don't need a sound card in order to do that? Or do I? 1 of the reasons I got the VCI-400 was because I was told I didn't.

Have been trying all possible changes and configurations for days now. Starting to get slightly frustrated. Lol.

Help me keep my cool and please help :-)

Thanks in advance.
Sumiko Jefford
Originally Posted by Kensic
ok your audio setting on tracktor is correct.

how are you connecting the vci / MBP / speakers?

it should be vci (usb) cable to MBP .... then vci (xlr or 1/4) cable to speakers? please confirm this set up.
Hey! I was being a complete & utter NOOB until I realised the audio is meant to be coming out of the XLR ports... Lol!

But thanks for your reply! Had my friend not told me... You would have been my saviour! Lol. Regardless, Thanks!!!
Sumiko Jefford
Using a MacBook Pro OS 10.6.8
Using Traktor 2.6.0
Using a Standard VCI-400

Hey guys, when I connect up my VCI-400 and set up the following settings... http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/detail.p...d_page_url=355... All I get is just the Audio through the headphones. I'm trying to split the main sound through the MBP's Audio line, so I can connect my speakers & the cueing sound through the headphones.

I know this is a noob question, but I don't need a sound card in order to do that? Or do I? 1 of the reasons I got the VCI-400 was because I was told I didn't.

Have been trying all possible changes and configurations for days now. Starting to get slightly frustrated. Lol.

Help me keep my cool and please help :-)

Thanks in advance.
Sumiko Jefford
Originally Posted by Kensic

it should be vci (usb) cable to MBP .... then vci (xlr or 1/4) cable to speakers? please confirm this set up.
Hey! I was being a complete & utter NOOB until I realised the audio is meant to be coming out of the XLR ports... Lol!

But thanks for your reply! Had my friend not told me... You would have been my saviour! Lol. Regardless, Thanks!!!
Julian Ispas

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy