FOUR BANKS MODE! say it with me!

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: FOUR BANKS MODE! say it with me!Reply
FOUR BANKS MODE! say it with me!
Posted on: 25.01.2010 by Arlene Schmauch
FOUR BANKS MODE, FOUR BANKS MODE, FOUR BANKS MODE!

consider this my request for FOUR BANKS MODE to be moved to the head of the line regarding features in the first firmware update !

I've already left "holes" in my current controller mappings to account for 36 more MIDI Figher buttons, now lets have 'em...my Live clip slots on tracks 4 and 8 are begging to be triggered!
Reece Murray
Originally Posted by eisnein
anyone have any thoughts on how to do this using Bome Midi Translator, Control aid, Max4Live or any other midi app rather than firmware?
You can totally work this out in Bomes (Not that it shouldn't be in the firmware too) - but if you're feeling antsy, you can give Bomes a shot. Program 4 rules, one for each of the four "bank" buttons. Each rule is an "assignment" using the same variable with a different value. For example, in the button 1 command, mf=1, in button 2, mf =2, etc. Then make translators for the rest of the buttons that send a different note when in each of the 4 variable states. Now you got's 4 banks!
Arlene Schmauch
FOUR BANKS MODE, FOUR BANKS MODE, FOUR BANKS MODE!

consider this my request for FOUR BANKS MODE to be moved to the head of the line regarding features in the first firmware update !

I've already left "holes" in my current controller mappings to account for 36 more MIDI Figher buttons, now lets have 'em...my Live clip slots on tracks 4 and 8 are begging to be triggered!
Arlene Schmauch
you've peaked my interest! perhaps i will give it a go....
Reece Murray
Bomes is extremely stable. And by stable I mean I trust it not to fail about 20x more than any other audio software I use.
Arlene Schmauch
I would totally go the Bomes route but I'm EXTREMELY protective of my live set and no thirdy party Midi fiddling is allowed as a general rule in my world. It's amazing how crafty you can get with dummy clips, but Bomes does indeed fill in the gaps of what Live can't do.... i would hate to compromise my current rock-solid stability with 8.0.5 because i'm impatient.

oh and about me being impatient........ F O U R B A N K S M O D E !!!!!!!! sooooon.... pretty please?
Reece Murray
Originally Posted by eisnein
anyone have any thoughts on how to do this using Bome Midi Translator, Control aid, Max4Live or any other midi app rather than firmware?
You can totally work this out in Bomes (Not that it shouldn't be in the firmware too) - but if you're feeling antsy, you can give Bomes a shot. Program 4 rules, one for each of the four "bank" buttons. Each rule is an "assignment" using the same variable with a different value. For example, in the button 1 command, mf=1, in button 2, mf =2, etc. Then make translators for the rest of the buttons that send a different note when in each of the 4 variable states. Now you got's 4 banks!
robert chanda
Top four buttons each select a "bank" of 4x3 buttons, giving you access to 48 MIDI notes instead of 16. As you switch banks, the LEDs reflect the MIDI input state of that button number (i.e. it remembers the LED state of buttons that are not "onscreen"sat the time).

And I'm late with that update. Sorry.
Jasmine Flitter
Can somebody explain to me what 4 banks mode is ?

thanks in advance
mogh
Arlene Schmauch
Should be easy, really what's taking so long? It's simple, should only take you 10 minutes......HAHAHA!

I work in the creative service dept. at my company and you wouldn't believe how many times I hear that "it's simple" crap!

"Oh this is simple. I just need you to find a picture of a man wearing an orange sweater and green sweatpants, walking a white chihuahua in Alaska, and the moon is out, with a lake in the background and 4 bald eagles flying over in the distance. Oh and we need that in 30 minutes kay?"

Anyway, whenever it comes out I'll be happy. I've left holes in my setup specifically for it actually.
robert chanda
Good point. Been working on other things, time to deliver I guess.
Arlene Schmauch
BUMPITY BUMP BUMP BUMP

FOUR BANKS MODE WHERE ARE YOU! I really wish i could help!!
Berniece Savi
Arlene Schmauch
got my first official gig coming up on valentines day and would love that sweet 4 banks mode....
robert chanda
Alright already. It's on the way. We'll also need the "How To Flash Your Midifighter" document to go with it and that needs testing on a bunch of platforms, some of which I don't own.

Anyone with Apple programming experience care to help out testing the "recipe" for completeness and correct "Mac-ness" in the terminology and paths used? Experienced Mac users only please, we need to make this easy and mistake-proof for Joe Average to follow so I need someone who knows the gotchas.

If you're interested, please PM me with an email address and we'll go from there.

Thanks!
Laurel Litchko
=D, patience! but yeah, it would totally rock
Dorthy Delamar
word! bump!
Berniece Savi
bump!

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS