MF Three FX Buttons...

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Three FX Buttons...Reply
MF Three FX Buttons...
Posted on: 22.09.2010 by Alexandra Nerby
Now I have my MF set up along side my Hercules Steel controller. Everything on the MF seems to work just like the diagram states and the vidoes show. All except for my FX buttons. They definitely to something, but it is not where near the FX that I see in the videos. I wish I could post a video but I can't, it's just like they aren't strong enough....

If someone could show me the parameters that Traktor uses when pressing each button and compared it to what mine does, maybe we can figure out the problem.

Thanks!
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by flashflooder
I believe there are some major differences in Duo as compared to Pro which we take advantage of in our mapping.
There's only six effects in Scratch Duo filter, delay, flanger, reverb, beatmasher, and gater. You'll have to change the tsi to work with those effects and even then I'm not absolutely sure it'll work as Duo handles FX a little differently.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Rokk Steady
I feel like i've thrown $400 on TSDuo...
I believe this is your issue. You need Traktor Pro version 1.2.4 or greater for our mappings to work properly. I have not tested them all on Duo so there's a chance it could work but from my understanding I believe there are some major differences in Duo as compared to Pro which we take advantage of in our mapping.
Chandra Leah
The Record button is activating what we are calling a "Sampler" function. However, it is actually using the Slicer effect in FX3 to mimic a sampler.

Hi, I just got the Midi Fighter and mapped it myself. Everything works how I would like it. I do not use any effects on the Midi Fighter, just hotcues and loops. How do you set a single button to work as the "sampler" ??? What do you set when mapping the controller?

Thanks
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Reinvention
Hi,

I'm having this issue also. I'm a fool noob and just got the MF two days ago but every time I import the MF1_1.tsi file it loads up something different for the FX.

To import twice, do you mean:
1) import MF1_1.tsi
2)delete .tsi
3) import MF1_1.tsi again?

or

1) import MF1_1.tsi
2) import MF1_1.tsi again, having two midi fighter tsi files?
I mean neither. Use the large Import button on the bottom left portion of the Traktor preferences. When you import with this button it will overwrite all of your existing mappings so there is no need to delete. It just takes two loads for the effect settings to load properly if you haven't loaded one of our tsis before.

lastly, I adjusted some of the effects in the effects list under the system settings (modified by placing them up or down in the list). I assume this is what is dictating which effects the buttons are linked to? So i would need to just figure out where along the list the button is drawing from and put the desired effect in that que number place? (christ I hope that made sense)
Don't adjust the list. The effects need to be in a specific order for the mapping to function properly and this is done when you import the effect settings properly when importing the tsi.

Finally.. even if i can get the three FX buttons worked out. I have no clue what the 'record' button is supposed to be. Right now it's controlling an advanced FX3 channel. is Record an effects? confused about that one!
The Record button is activating what we are calling a "Sampler" function. However, it is actually using the Slicer effect in FX3 to mimic a sampler.
Alexandra Nerby
Now I have my MF set up along side my Hercules Steel controller. Everything on the MF seems to work just like the diagram states and the vidoes show. All except for my FX buttons. They definitely to something, but it is not where near the FX that I see in the videos. I wish I could post a video but I can't, it's just like they aren't strong enough....

If someone could show me the parameters that Traktor uses when pressing each button and compared it to what mine does, maybe we can figure out the problem.

Thanks!
Bianca Cavaliere
THANK YOU FLASH!

I knew it was going to be something silly. Something simple. Next paycheck, I'll do the digital upgrade to TSP, $79 but, hopefully I cant start to use this to it's full potential.

And please keep up the great work you and the other people at DJTT do.

Again, thanks. *Hangs sad panda head low for being a goofball*

Rokk
Leeanna Ayla
I believe there are some major differences in Duo as compared to Pro which we take advantage of in our mapping.
There's only six effects in Scratch Duo filter, delay, flanger, reverb, beatmasher, and gater. You'll have to change the tsi to work with those effects and even then I'm not absolutely sure it'll work as Duo handles FX a little differently.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Rokk Steady
I feel like i've thrown $400 on TSDuo...
I believe this is your issue. You need Traktor Pro version 1.2.4 or greater for our mappings to work properly. I have not tested them all on Duo so there's a chance it could work but from my understanding I believe there are some major differences in Duo as compared to Pro which we take advantage of in our mapping.
Bianca Cavaliere
QUOTE=flashflooder--
"I mean neither. Use the large Import button on the bottom left portion of the Traktor preferences. When you import with this button it will overwrite all of your existing mappings so there is no need to delete. It just takes two loads for the effect settings to load properly if you haven't loaded one of our tsis before."

Ok gurus, I've been playing with the MF and my mac (10.5.6) for the past week, trying to get it working and to no avail. I downloaded the 1.1 tsi, loaded it into TSDuo (1.2.7) and I can get the cue points to load and the play/stop buttons to work and somehow even delete my cue points (which i didnt want to do, but...) with the SHIFT button, but no FX.

I did the above advice from flashflooder just now and imported the tsi twice, but, still no FX. As soon as I got the MF on Monday, I flashed it with the new Firmware and tried it, saw no FX and thought, hmm, 'must've screwed it up'.

So I've been trying to get it to work the past 2 days for a few hours and no luck. My search-fu found this thread and even deleting and re-importing the tsi's just will not get the FX to work.

I thought there was a video on the proper way to load the MF to Traktor, but it seems to have disappeared. Coming from straight vinyl, I feel like i've thrown $400 on TSDuo and the MF into a hole and I'm now ready to chuck it all on craigslist and stick with the tried and true wax. But, we soldier on...

I tried the other tsi (MF Deckalized focus) and that has nothing working except correctly except for start/stop while the cue point buttons would effect FX on Deck B and pitch bend on Deck A, so, yeah, not sure what happened there...

I've also noticed after flashing the MF with the new firmware, when plugged in, it will flash all the lights sequentially from left top to right bottom and then the top three lights slowly from the left. Is that supposed to happen?

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'd really like to move into the digital part of DJ'ing, as Ean puts forth, creativity is exponentially increased with controllers and the more creative, hopefully, the more people will want to hear you play.

Great site, great people, so want to get in on this.

Cheers
Chandra Leah

Hi, I just got the Midi Fighter and mapped it myself. Everything works how I would like it. I do not use any effects on the Midi Fighter, just hotcues and loops. How do you set a single button to work as the "sampler" ??? What do you set when mapping the controller?

Thanks
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Reinvention
Hi,

I'm having this issue also. I'm a fool noob and just got the MF two days ago but every time I import the MF1_1.tsi file it loads up something different for the FX.

1) import MF1_1.tsi
2)delete .tsi

or

1) import MF1_1.tsi
I mean neither. Use the large Import button on the bottom left portion of the Traktor preferences. When you import with this button it will overwrite all of your existing mappings so there is no need to delete. It just takes two loads for the effect settings to load properly if you haven't loaded one of our tsis before.

lastly, I adjusted some of the effects in the effects list under the system settings (modified by placing them up or down in the list). I assume this is what is dictating which effects the buttons are linked to? So i would need to just figure out where along the list the button is drawing from and put the desired effect in that que number place? (christ I hope that made sense)
Don't adjust the list. The effects need to be in a specific order for the mapping to function properly and this is done when you import the effect settings properly when importing the tsi.

Finally.. even if i can get the three FX buttons worked out. I have no clue what the 'record' button is supposed to be. Right now it's controlling an advanced FX3 channel. is Record an effects? confused about that one!
Hae Komora
Hi,

1) import MF1_1.tsi
2)delete .tsi

or

1) import MF1_1.tsi

Jodi Lacerra
Hey guys, I'm sure most of you figured this out by now but if this is the first time importing one of our tsi's it usually takes TWO IMPORTS to get the effects to load properly. It seems to be a bug with how Traktor loads tsi's.
Deanne Baston
I had to do the same. Funny thing was that I accidently did wrong effects but then i tried out the original MF mapping and didn't like it as much. Thus i re imported the deckalized focus ab mapping and low and behold the effects were properly loaded now! So far I'm having so much fun with the MF!!!!!
Alexandra Nerby
Yeah, the effects in the tsi were not correct. I had to go and change them myself. Wasn't hard once I knew what effects they were. I just watched Ean's walkthrough to figure it out.
Deanne Baston
Hey yall, I got the same problem here. I am using the deckalized focus ab mapping and my screen looks exactly the same. it might be the .tsi
???
Alexandra Nerby
Thank you for the help. The screenshots were taken directly after opening Traktor, so no effects were selected.

I am wondering if it could be something so simple as the way I loaded the tsi. I mean I used the small import button but are the rest of the slots correct? I am using the AB Focus tsi which switches between the two decks. Should the assignment be focus like I have it, or do I need to add 2 tsi's for each deck?

Other than that, everything works ok....
Scarlett Saupp
Filter and Flanger look ok to me (can't reference the values though) - they both use FX slot 2.

FX slot 4 is used for your echo FX, but this appears to be set to "fln-f", which isn't your echo effect. I found this thread on here with the same sort of issue (except for VCI). Not sure if you manually selected this effect or not prior to the screenshot, but it might explain why you're not getting what you're expecting.

Beatmasher is set on FX2 as well for your "roll" type FX, and sampler is on fx3, but these aren't shown in use on your screenshots.

Maybe just tinker with the FX parameter values in your mapping to get the desired feel you're looking for?
Alexandra Nerby
Ok guys, here are some screen shots to show my problem.

As you can see, I use deck A with FX banks 1 and 3, Deck B with 2 and 4.

What I believe the issue is is that no matter what deck I use the MF with, A or B, FX bank 2 and 4 is used for the three FX buttons. So as you see, only the top right corner of the screen where fx bank 2and 4 are, is changing.

Now with that said, I am still hearing minor FX in both decks, but no where near those of the MF video walkthrough.

The first pic is with the farthest right FX button...under play, and then moves left. Here are my parameters.

Any help would be great, as I would like these FX to work!

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy