Midi Fighter S4 edition

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter S4 editionReply
Midi Fighter S4 edition
Posted on: 25.02.2011 by Sherri Seick
been rocking my S4 with my MF instant grad effects and ... it's the shit... except for i want my other 4 cue points and i want to keep my 4 decks of effects, cause i like beatmashing my sample decks

so i was believeing of this

a Midi fighter S4 edition, to be used with the standard midi fighter for controlling effects, also uses VCI jog wheels

MFS4.JPG

i have a whole machine shop to create the top and bottom plate, pretty easy standard parts to build, im sure this is how DJTT are doing it, with a CNC Milling machine

I would put the R&D into developing the PCB for it but i really don't have the time and own and s4 already, although i believe i would trade in my s4 for this, because, well, arcade buttons are just way more fun to push and 8 hot cues

the 2 knobs above each jog wheel will control the dry/wet of each effect of the 4 effects decks used with the instant gratification, its nice to fade out effects while holding them down

everything else is pretty much there from the s4,

if anyone is interested in getting this project going, let me know

i believe it would be fun
Sherri Seick
been rocking my S4 with my MF instant grad effects and ... it's the shit... except for i want my other 4 cue points and i want to keep my 4 decks of effects, cause i like beatmashing my sample decks

so i was believeing of this

a Midi fighter S4 edition, to be used with the standard midi fighter for controlling effects, also uses VCI jog wheels

MFS4.JPG

i have a whole machine shop to create the top and bottom plate, pretty easy standard parts to build, im sure this is how DJTT are doing it, with a CNC Milling machine

I would put the R&D into developing the PCB for it but i really don't have the time and own and s4 already, although i believe i would trade in my s4 for this, because, well, arcade buttons are just way more fun to push and 8 hot cues

the 2 knobs above each jog wheel will control the dry/wet of each effect of the 4 effects decks used with the instant gratification, its nice to fade out effects while holding them down

everything else is pretty much there from the s4,

if anyone is interested in getting this project going, let me know

i believe it would be fun
Sherri Seick
sounds good, lets go for it, i really need the PCB design, i also have cad, and am an engineer...

lets talk about some design and improvements and make this things sweet, maybe if we get enough interest we can do a run of 100 or them or something

ill pm you my email
Ethel Saracco
One thing I would like to add to this design would be EQ kill switches. One of the few things that I believe is missing on the S4.
Ethel Saracco
I love this idea. I'm using a modified version of the Instant Grat MidiFighter mapping next to my S4 and it's awesome.

I'm an Industrial Designer with a lot of experience combining electronics and mechanical components. I would definitely like to get involved in this project on the side. I have SolidWorks CAD software so I could work on modeling this design concept in 3D to make sure that everything fits together properly. Let's talk!
Random X
Goodluck bro', loving this project already!

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy