Picking up my midi-fighter tonight!!!

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Picking up my midi-fighter tonight!!!Reply
Picking up my midi-fighter tonight!!!
Posted on: 01.03.2011 by Kristofer Krauel
Hey

Just received an email telling me I can pick my midi-fighter up from the delivery co toevening . (after being in customs for 6 days!!!!)

The are loads of sticky's at the top of this community so I was wondering which ones I need to pay attention to before I start to use it? Updates etc.

Can't wait to get it hooked up and get the instant gratification mapping working!!!

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Rashida Stieb
Originally Posted by kooper1980
hey Chris

I'm having some serious problems updating the firmware. any chance of a hand?
what happened?
Leeanna Ayla
Cheers mate. I've tried to read the sticky's but you get Lost in a sea of information.
I'll have to agree with that. :eek:
Kristofer Krauel
Hey

Just received an email telling me I can pick my midi-fighter up from the delivery co toevening . (after being in customs for 6 days!!!!)

The are loads of sticky's at the top of this community so I was wondering which ones I need to pay attention to before I start to use it? Updates etc.

Can't wait to get it hooked up and get the instant gratification mapping working!!!

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Kristofer Krauel
Hey man

no probs. I'll give it all another try. Thanks for your help though!
Rashida Stieb
i had an error, i believe it was like that, what i did was i went to the programs folder deleted everything then reinstalled. But other than that it worked fine for me so im sorry i dont believe i can help.
Kristofer Krauel
ok this is a screen shot of the error im now getting. sorry to be a pain!!
Kristofer Krauel
basically the same libusb0.dll problems that others are getting. thanks for your info.

i am just trying again now but the last error i had was to do with the above .dll file not being compatible with my 32-bit system.

FRUSTRATING!!!
Rashida Stieb
hey Chris

what happened?
Rashida Stieb
Congrats on your new midi-fighter, you're gonna love it.

To cut a long-list of sticky's short what you'll need to do to get that mapping working is:

1. download and install this(PC) or this(mac)

NOTE: Download the .dmg file, open it then drag the application to your desktop before running it. This last step is important because the application downloads the firmware from our servers and executing the app from the .dmg container will fail the download.
2. use the app to update your midi-fighter

3. unplug the MF after update, hold the top left button, plug usb back in, press the 1st button on the 2nd row, use the bottom left and right buttons to toggle 4 banks mode. You will need to set them so that only 2 of the lights on the 3rd row are brightly lit (the other two will remain dim) like this:

. . * *
4. press the flashing button, then press the flashing button again. this should restart the MF.

5. unzip this

6. import the .tsi using the big import button and you should be good to go.

there is another great mapping on the community somewhere that uses 2 of the banks to control fx and 2 to control cues and stuff, great if you only use 2 decks

hope that helped
Kristofer Krauel
hey Chris

Leeanna Ayla
Cheers mate. I've tried to read the sticky's but you get Lost in a sea of information.
I'll have to agree with that. :eek:
Kristofer Krauel

I'll follow your advice to keep me sane!!
Tatum Ansaldo
install the newest firmware then read the one about menu mode (it shows you how to enable 4 banks internal mapping which you need for proper functioning of instant grat mapping.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy