Reply to Adding Rotary Encoder to Digital In Expansion

Adding Rotary Encoder to Digital In Expansion
Hey,

As said in the title, I am about to try installing a rotary encoder, two in fact, to the digital ins on my Midi FIghter. I have been doing some research with a buddy of mine and it seems that I am going to have to use 2 of the ports per encoder.

I believe that because I believe the digital in's work in a binary form. They either are in a High state or a Low state. so 0 or 1.

So first off, if that is wrong then I would love to know how these actually do work. If that is how they work, then I guess my next step would be coding. I would attempt to get an encoder with 2 data outs, one for inc and one for dec, that way when one of the ports fires, the code knows it is inc and when the other fires it knows it is dec. I know a decent amount of Java, never worked with C but it can't be too hard...

Any suggestions? Oh ya, I was also hoping to install an encoder with a push function, i.e. I can push in the encoder like a button. I thought that might be able to work from a programming perspective cuz I could fire both ports at one and have that be the other option aside from inc and dec.

I hope I explained this well
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy