Midi Fighter problem

Midi Fighter problem
Posted on: 01.05.2011 by Catrina Altenberg
Hi Djtt Forums,

Hope you can help me. I just got my Midi fighter today. I went for the diy route. As such i got all the components and assembled it as stated.

There problem here is that one button wont click in. No matter how hard i push it stays unclicked.

I have found the problem and its that the solder has flowed onto one of the clips on the pcb and is stopping the button from clicking in.

Is there any way i can fix it as i don't particularly want to wait for a replacement.

Thanks a bunch.

Marcus
Catrina Altenberg
Hi Djtt Forums,

Hope you can help me. I just got my Midi fighter today. I went for the diy route. As such i got all the components and assembled it as stated.

There problem here is that one button wont click in. No matter how hard i push it stays unclicked.

I have found the problem and its that the solder has flowed onto one of the clips on the pcb and is stopping the button from clicking in.

Is there any way i can fix it as i don't particularly want to wait for a replacement.

Thanks a bunch.

Marcus
Leeanna Ayla
Solder is pretty soft stuff and can be cut with a knife. I would try something like a exacto blade and try to trim the solder back enough for it to go it. Be warned though, if you're not fairly handy and confident that you can do this you may screw it up beyond warranty.
Tatum Ansaldo
I'm sure it'll be alright man, just a little hickup
Catrina Altenberg
Thanks guys for the quick reply. I'll definitely get in contact with them and I'll see what they can do. For now I'm stuck with a defective midi fighter twas a Bday present from the lady too. So extra disappointed. Fingers crossed that it'll ge resolved.

Cheers
Tatum Ansaldo
if you have a soldering iron and some copper wick or a solder sucker then you can probably get it out no problem, but yeh I'd speak to DJTT support first.
Scottie Easler
Honestly, I would go ahead and call them the next time they are open. I got my DIY kit, and it came in without 4 screws and the top plate was all chipped up (looks like heat got to it when it was on a truck)... and they had it shipped out the same day, and it got to me in 2 days.

I wouldn't start messing with the board in any way... as if you mess that up... that's the $150 part of the DIY kit lol

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy