Connecting Midi Fighter to a Mixer

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Connecting Midi Fighter to a MixerReply
Connecting Midi Fighter to a Mixer
Posted on: 11.05.2011 by Isabella Figueiredo
I'm a young DJ from Melbourne, Australia and am interested in digital djing. I want to use midifighters and I also play in clubs (always with the cdj's). I was wondering how to connect the midifighters to the clubs mixer - and in turn, the mixer to my laptop (Macbook) with traktor pro. I know it probably has some simple answer, but any help is much appreciated.
Monty Strauder
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
The 2 channel system won't work if he wants to incorporate CDJs. That said, if he just plays normal CDs in them alongside traktor then that would work. But then he'd probably want more than a 3 channel mixer.
? why ? He have 2 Channels from Traktor on the Mixer and 2 CDJ's on the mixer!? Okay, it have to be a minimum 4 Channel mixer! or he wantet the signal from the CDJ's through Traktor ...
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by Mert
U can also connect ur cdj's on the S4!
Good point. Get the S4 with the Scratch upgrade and you can use your CDJs with timecoded CDs.

OP, which CDJs do you have?
Tatum Ansaldo
So u have to buy a 2 Channel Soundcard to use 2 Decks in Traktor with a external Mixer! Route Deck A Channel 1, Deck B Channel 2! If u want use More than 2 Decks u need more than a 2 Channel Soundcard! If u want to buy an S4 in the future u dont need a Soundcard, because the S4 is the Soundcard!

I hope i can help!
Mert
The 2 channel system won't work if he wants to incorporate CDJs. That said, if he just plays normal CDs in them alongside traktor then that would work. But then he'd probably want more than a 3 channel mixer.
Isabella Figueiredo
I'm a young DJ from Melbourne, Australia and am interested in digital djing. I want to use midifighters and I also play in clubs (always with the cdj's). I was wondering how to connect the midifighters to the clubs mixer - and in turn, the mixer to my laptop (Macbook) with traktor pro. I know it probably has some simple answer, but any help is much appreciated.
Monty Strauder
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
? why ? He have 2 Channels from Traktor on the Mixer and 2 CDJ's on the mixer!? Okay, it have to be a minimum 4 Channel mixer! or he wantet the signal from the CDJ's through Traktor ...
Tatum Ansaldo
U can also connect ur cdj's on the S4!
Good point. Get the S4 with the Scratch upgrade and you can use your CDJs with timecoded CDs.

OP, which CDJs do you have?
Monty Strauder
^^ fuck, preloaded the Website

Go full digital ! U can also connect ur cdj's on the S4!
Tatum Ansaldo
So u have to buy a 2 Channel Soundcard to use 2 Decks in Traktor with a external Mixer! Route Deck A Channel 1, Deck B Channel 2! If u want use More than 2 Decks u need more than a 2 Channel Soundcard! If u want to buy an S4 in the future u dont need a Soundcard, because the S4 is the Soundcard!

I hope i can help!
Mert
Monty Strauder

I hope i can help!
Mert
Tatum Ansaldo
Definitely simpler.
Isabella Figueiredo
thanks,
i believe that with all the connections needed it'll be so much simpler just to go full digital and get an s4 and midifighter. thanks for the help.
Tatum Ansaldo
ok well in that case, you need to connect both midifighters to a powered USB hub which is in turn connected to your laptop. You'll need an external USB sound card which is plugged into the mixer and of course your laptop. You'll also need a piece of DJ software.

If you want to carry on using the CDJs, it depends what type they are. If they are newer Pioneer ones, 850s, 900s or 2000s for example, you can plug them in via USB as well and control the software with them, but if they're older ones that don't support midi or HID then you'll need to use timecode CDs and get a DVS system such as Traktor Scratch Pro.
Isabella Figueiredo
I know exactly what midifighters are, I have other midi control devices that I currently use. But when you see Ean talking about how he dj's using the clubs mixer and 2 midifighters I was planning to do that as well. My current setup includes 2 cdj's and a 3 channel mixer, so I was planning on not getting rid of my whole setup to go digital (keeping my mixer and using 2 midifighters) rather than go all out and buy an S4 and a midifighter. I was just checking out my options and seeing which would be best for me.
Monty Strauder
Hey There!

A Midi Fighter is a Controller (via Midi-Data Protocoll) to control Dj / Production Software or any others... That means if u use Traktor u can control everything u like with this device in Traktor! Button 1 is Play, Button 2 is Cue ... or anything what u like! Before u can start u must Map your Controller in the Software. Reason is the controller didnt know alone what he have to control in the Software ! The most controllers today use USB Port! So u can't connect with a normal DJ mixer! You have to connect the Controller at your PC / Macbook!

U can Map the Midifighter to the internal Mixer in Traktor, but i believe a Mixer with Buttons are not the best way to work great with!

Cheers ! Mert
Tatum Ansaldo
I believe you need to do a bit more research on what midifighters are. They're not audio devices so you'll need a sound card (MFs don't plug into a mixer), and they aren't really designed for use with CDJs (although I suppose you could).

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy