Can 2 MF's 1 Deckalized, 1 Instant Gratification be used at the same time?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Can 2 MF's 1 Deckalized, 1 Instant Gratification be used at the same time?Reply
Can 2 MF's 1 Deckalized, 1 Instant Gratification be used at the same time?
Posted on: 18.05.2011 by Randal Miniter
Just as the title of the thread asks. With Traktor 2 on Windows 7 using a Numark Omni Control as my mixer. Me getting a 2nd MF solely depends on this.
Focused AB Deckalized
Instant Gratification

Thank you
Randal Miniter
Just as the title of the thread asks. With Traktor 2 on Windows 7 using a Numark Omni Control as my mixer. Me getting a 2nd MF solely depends on this.
Focused AB Deckalized
Instant Gratification

Thank you
Melia Balvaneda
those are the mappings i used in this videoooo! they work fine, just cant really use the effects on the deckalized mapping, which doesn't really matter cause you're using instant gratification on all 4 decks haha. But yeah i practiced with that combo for a while, but switching between Deck A and Deck B on one midi fighter is too.... i dunno. i just like having one midi fighter per deck. but that's just me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn2LPbpob1o
Danae Dumler
Well, I always use the same port for my USB hub and still had the problem, but I will play around with this and see what happens.
Deanne Baston
@djproben
yes...
if you are using a usb hub: it might not matter the order in which you plug them in but which port.
same with your computer's usb ports.

with mine the order in which you plug them in matters. it doesn't matter which port they are going into they get named according to the order they are plugged in to my computer.

so:
2 MFs: MFa and MFb
2 Mappings: IG and DF
IG is set to MF1 in Traktor and DF is set to MF2 in Traktor
MFa is in 4 banks and so it gets plugged in first, then MFb in standard mode for DF.
Also using the same ports will probably help too!
Hope this might help
Danae Dumler
This is odd; I never switch the ports the midifighters are plugged in to, so this really isn't the problem for me. Are you saying when you restart traktor and you have two different midifighter mappings pointed to different midifighters, you don't have to open prefs at all, and traktor already knows which midifighter is which? If that's the case, I must be doing something else wrong?
Venetta Cawyer
I simply use a USB hub with a piece of tape on it saying which MidiFighter goes in what port. Works great.
Deanne Baston
I was sort of wondering the same question as the thread here a while ago and decided to just go for it.

The answer: Yes you can!

I use 2 MF's one with IG and one with Decalized Focus.

As for the issues with midi routing: I have not had an issue with routing so long as you don't change the ports that you have your MF's plugged into. It is an issue of first and second.

If you put your IG mapping on MF1 then you will always need to connect your 4banks enabled controller first.
When I used the same mapping it didn't matter since I put my first MF on A and set it on the left then MF2 on B and on the right. Connect the left one first, then the right one. Easy as pie.

Once I figured this out, I never had any issues with routing since!
Hope this helps!
Ella Rick
I wonder, by the way, if the new midifighter pros will identify themselves differently to traktor so that you could use a midifighter with a midifighter pro without trouble?[/QUOTE]

I hope so too!
Danae Dumler
Interesting. I believe I tried with the same mapping on both when I first got more midifighters but I found it redundant to have two with the same mapping; I haven't tried it that way since. Will check it out when I get a chance.

I wonder, by the way, if the new midifighter pros will identify themselves differently to traktor so that you could use a midifighter with a midifighter pro without trouble?
Sammie Okeeffe
does this mapping problem happen when using 2 .tsi?? I am running 2 midifighters with the deckalized mapping and never have to set the ports on traktor.. just load and play.
Randal Miniter
Oh okay, thats no so bad, I spend alot of time playing with options in Traktor, so getting to the club early is already standard practice to set up my set, just add it in to the routeen, like how in windows 7 I have to keep resetting the Omni Controls Audio Bitrate so my set dont sound like shit.
Danae Dumler
^^^. Really annoying, imho, but it does allow you to do this as long as you don't mind resetting it every time. Hoping someone will come up with a solution to this soon, or that it will be magically fixed somehow. I was able to change the USB designator of a MIDI fighter so that any other program will recognize it under a new name, but for some reason Traktor isn't able to read that information. There's another thread on this a few threads below.
Leeanna Ayla
The only issue you'll run into is having to set the correct in/out for each midi fighter up each time you start Traktor.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy