1 MPF + Kontrol X1 vs 2 Midi Fighter Classics

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: 1 MPF + Kontrol X1 vs 2 Midi Fighter ClassicsReply
1 MPF + Kontrol X1 vs 2 Midi Fighter Classics
Posted on: 23.05.2011 by Gwendolyn Rotchford
I've been DJing for about 2 and a half years now using the timecode Traktor Pro 2 set up with 2 CDJ-400's, and I feel that they're limiting me. So I'm looking into buying a couple controllers. The new Midi Fighter Pro seems like a logical set up, however the fact that it controls both channels makes me believe that the only solution would be to pick up another controller (i.e. Kontrol X1) to turn the effects units off/on as needed so I'm not applying effects to the other channels. My other thought would be to purchase 2 Midi Fighter Classics: 1 for each deck and control Traktor that way. I DJ fairly heavy electro with bits of dubstep and/or minimal depending on the crowd. If you could help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated!

[I/O]
http://bionicbeatlab.org

Gilma Marchini
Originally Posted by Bumbler
Hey! Right now I have a midifighter classic. Do you believe it would be more worth it to trade in the midifighter for a midifighter pro or instead use that money to buy a Kontrol X1 to complement the MF classic? thanks
Depends on what your looking for. FX Kick-Assery or simple control? I'd go with the MF Pro Cue Master.
Gilma Marchini
Originally Posted by [I/O]
That's an interesting idea. What model of MF Pro would you suggest if i ran something like that. On the flipside, if I were just to get an X1 and run it stock (I don't do as much cue juggling as the Deckalized mapping requires), what set up would be better there?
If your not doing much juggling? Most people would say the x1 with a midifighter on the instant gratification mapping (I believe). On the other hand, I don't like the x1's, but it seems that I'm the only guy on the community who believes that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrNqFXnI_Pg
Gwendolyn Rotchford
Originally Posted by tyfurious
Instead of an x1 consider a classic MF and a MF Pro. The Pro and Classic together will consume all your fx and will have no duplicated functionality. A unified setup is always nice, as 2 classic MFs and an x1 will have a TON of duplicated functionality. The only complaint I would have about the two midifighters is browsing tracks, but load next in the deckalized and a trackpad/keyboard would do you justice.
Ok, I did a little research and i got what you were saying here. An MF Pro + an MF Classic would be awesome. However, If I were to get the Beat Masher MF Pro and use that to trigger/modify effects, and the MF Classic was on the Deckalized mapping, would there be any way to switch between decks A&B? Or would that require multiple MF Classics? Or would I be better off running the Cue Master firmware on the MF Pro and the instant gratification on the MF? Sorry to ramble but this is kind of confusing as I am new to the controllerism world. Any help would be appreciated
Gilma Marchini
sorry to sound noobish, but when you say duplicated functionality, what exactly do you mean? i want to be able to control decks A & B with controller a/controller b. would i be able to achieve that with 2 MF's/MFP's and an X1?
I mean that the Midifighters use a mapping called Deckalized:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Np3L2myavg

It has functions for play/pause, cue points, effects, loops, and even tempo/pitch shifting; the X1 also has the exact same functionality. There is one of the four FX slots that the Midifighter doesn't use, so you could use the x1 for the Filters, pitch, and then control over your last fx section, although all the buttons would be useless because what the buttons on the X1 do can also be done on the midifighter.

If you do an x1 and two midifighters you would be better off doing 4 decks, 2 MFs and the x1 for the other two decks.
Gwendolyn Rotchford
I've been DJing for about 2 and a half years now using the timecode Traktor Pro 2 set up with 2 CDJ-400's, and I feel that they're limiting me. So I'm looking into buying a couple controllers. The new Midi Fighter Pro seems like a logical set up, however the fact that it controls both channels makes me believe that the only solution would be to pick up another controller (i.e. Kontrol X1) to turn the effects units off/on as needed so I'm not applying effects to the other channels. My other thought would be to purchase 2 Midi Fighter Classics: 1 for each deck and control Traktor that way. I DJ fairly heavy electro with bits of dubstep and/or minimal depending on the crowd. If you could help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated!

[I/O]
http://bionicbeatlab.org

Madalene Wist
Would the Cue master have enough functionality to control multiple decks and work as a standalone controller alongside my mixer though?
Gilma Marchini
Originally Posted by Bumbler
Hey! Right now I have a midifighter classic. Do you believe it would be more worth it to trade in the midifighter for a midifighter pro or instead use that money to buy a Kontrol X1 to complement the MF classic? thanks
Depends on what your looking for. FX Kick-Assery or simple control? I'd go with the MF Pro Cue Master.
Madalene Wist
Gilma Marchini
That's an interesting idea. What model of MF Pro would you suggest if i ran something like that. On the flipside, if I were just to get an X1 and run it stock (I don't do as much cue juggling as the Deckalized mapping requires), what set up would be better there?
If your not doing much juggling? Most people would say the x1 with a midifighter on the instant gratification mapping (I believe). On the other hand, I don't like the x1's, but it seems that I'm the only guy on the community who believes that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrNqFXnI_Pg
Gwendolyn Rotchford
Wallace Ferraro
I have a X1 and I use a MF mapping on it, which makes me able to use IG in both deck A and B I only need to press shift to toggle between them... Id buy a MF pro and a X1 or else its just very simular..
Gwendolyn Rotchford
Originally Posted by tyfurious
Instead of an x1 consider a classic MF and a MF Pro. The Pro and Classic together will consume all your fx and will have no duplicated functionality. A unified setup is always nice, as 2 classic MFs and an x1 will have a TON of duplicated functionality. The only complaint I would have about the two midifighters is browsing tracks, but load next in the deckalized and a trackpad/keyboard would do you justice.
Ok, I did a little research and i got what you were saying here. An MF Pro + an MF Classic would be awesome. However, If I were to get the Beat Masher MF Pro and use that to trigger/modify effects, and the MF Classic was on the Deckalized mapping, would there be any way to switch between decks A&B? Or would that require multiple MF Classics? Or would I be better off running the Cue Master firmware on the MF Pro and the instant gratification on the MF? Sorry to ramble but this is kind of confusing as I am new to the controllerism world. Any help would be appreciated
Gilma Marchini
sorry to sound noobish, but when you say duplicated functionality, what exactly do you mean? i want to be able to control decks A & B with controller a/controller b. would i be able to achieve that with 2 MF's/MFP's and an X1?
I mean that the Midifighters use a mapping called Deckalized:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Np3L2myavg

It has functions for play/pause, cue points, effects, loops, and even tempo/pitch shifting; the X1 also has the exact same functionality. There is one of the four FX slots that the Midifighter doesn't use, so you could use the x1 for the Filters, pitch, and then control over your last fx section, although all the buttons would be useless because what the buttons on the X1 do can also be done on the midifighter.

If you do an x1 and two midifighters you would be better off doing 4 decks, 2 MFs and the x1 for the other two decks.
Gwendolyn Rotchford
Gilma Marchini

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy