MF Problem, One Button to Rule them All???

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Problem, One Button to Rule them All???Reply
MF Problem, One Button to Rule them All???
Posted on: 25.04.2011 by Gloria Lemmel
So I got my MF in today and was messing around with it, left to go eat, came back and now when I press the lowest right hand button the whole bottom two rows light up. They also don't send MIDI notes and don't register in TSP2. Is there a way to remedy this? I've already flashed it with what I believe to be the newest firmware, I've gone into menu mode, but I can't quit menu mode, the exit button, which is the same button as the one that lights all of the other ones up (I believe it's related to the same problem) and it's kind of frustrating me. I've done everything that I have found possible, but its just not working. Any ideas?
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Yep.
I updated firmware with the new way of doing so with the buttons on the bottom of the pcb on the most recent batch of MFs. After updating the firmware, it still didn't work. However, I found that by holding button #8 and any other button in the bottom two rows, I could use that button. The final fix was to enter menu mode, select LED Feedback, turn it off, then on, and exit menu mode. I did so by holding #8 and #4 so that #4 would trigger. That's how I got it to work.
Nice find Yep, glad you got it sorted.
Gloria Lemmel
So I got my MF in today and was messing around with it, left to go eat, came back and now when I press the lowest right hand button the whole bottom two rows light up. They also don't send MIDI notes and don't register in TSP2. Is there a way to remedy this? I've already flashed it with what I believe to be the newest firmware, I've gone into menu mode, but I can't quit menu mode, the exit button, which is the same button as the one that lights all of the other ones up (I believe it's related to the same problem) and it's kind of frustrating me. I've done everything that I have found possible, but its just not working. Any ideas?
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by Yep.
I updated firmware with the new way of doing so with the buttons on the bottom of the pcb on the most recent batch of MFs. After updating the firmware, it still didn't work. However, I found that by holding button #8 and any other button in the bottom two rows, I could use that button. The final fix was to enter menu mode, select LED Feedback, turn it off, then on, and exit menu mode. I did so by holding #8 and #4 so that #4 would trigger. That's how I got it to work.
Nice find Yep, glad you got it sorted.
Yoshiko Kremser
thanks yep - i have the button on the bottom also, what is the method to get into boot mode using them? i tried holding boot while pressing retart but it wont restart till i release boot?
Venetta Cawyer
Wow, that's a pretty funky way to get it back to workin' again. It's really bad that MidiFighters keep getting messed up like this..
Anyway, good to know yours is in a working condition again! I also hope this might help other users.
Gloria Lemmel
Leeanna Ayla
Try these steps.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=16533
Yoshiko Kremser
@yep

I am having the exact same problem - can't get into boot mode is any of the methods? i have a 1.3 so i have the button but i hold the boot button and then press the reset and nothing happens

did you find an answer?
Leeanna Ayla
Did the computer go to sleep? I read they had a problem with some of the MF's when the computers went to sleep. Did you reset the MF with the jumper method?
Gloria Lemmel
The infamous Double Bump?
Gloria Lemmel
Bump?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy