Reply to The Dreaded Jog Wheel Question

The Dreaded Jog Wheel Question
I have been laying in bed at evening losing sleep while believeing endlessly to myself, "if only I could connect a Jog Wheel to one of my Midifighter PCB Boards, then everything would perfect in every way imaginable...."

Problem is....Ive tryed it without much luck.

I used MF Expantion Ports in both Analouge and Digital modes and matched the 5v and Grounds etc etc using some old Jog Wheel from a A&H Xone 1D and also a Jog wheel from a DJ-Tech Mix 101. Both Jogs have atiny board inderneath the Jog that is (i guess) how the midi is proccessed within its own board.

PICTURE OF JOG & BOARD BELOW

Using the Expantion ports on the Midifighter, I am able to get CC numbers (varified in TP2).

The DJ-Tech is clearly labeled on the board with a - 5V, Ground and WL1A and WL1B (Pic below). As I said I was able to get two different CC numbers with the Jog connected to the MF, but when I mapped it to the "Jog" in Traktor, I got movement, but not anything that was usable. The movement was either jumping all over the place, only moving in one direction or not moving at all. I tryed all the settings within Traktor also (Fader relative, Direct etc etc)

So my question is.....am I missing something here with these specific Jogs that im testing.....OR.....Is there a certain type of enless encoder I could buy (dont care about cost) that would pretty much work straight away while connected to either the Analouge or Digital Expantion ports of the Midifighter to control the Jog funtion in Traktor?
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy