Reply to want to convert MF to MFPRO with EXACT same midi notes

want to convert MF to MFPRO with EXACT same midi notes
I want to build 2 MFPROs (one of each of the "XX Fader" and one of the "Beat Masher" types) out of my existing midifighters. I have done some research and know that it is possible for this to be done through the analog and digital expansion ports built on every MF. I would like to know how I could create them so the midi notes are the same as the MFPROs so that the new (and any future) mappings will work without much (preferably no) modification. I am a design student with access to practically every type of tool you could dream of and have unlimited free materials. I was going to put a sweet case on these (probably a nice cherry wood case ) and some extra modifications as well.

The things I want to know are:
1) What extra parts I am going to need other than obvious ones like pots, knob caps, faders, wires, buttons, and of coarse the face/back plates. I mean things that aren't seen on the new MFPROs things like multiplexers etc. (if so what kind or model number?) I know about mouser and other part stores (but links are always appreciated!)

2) How would I go about wiring such a device? As I said before I dont want to do much mapping, I would really like it if someone could post a diagram (MS paint is great, I am not looking for quality art just what connection goes where ). Has anyone popped open there MFPRO to check it out and would be willing to help? I also noticed that the new MF's and MFPROs have there expansion ports in two rows of 5, I have an older model that is one row of 10, which looks like this:
(from top to bottom)

GND
D4
D3
D2
D1
A4
A3
A2
A1
5V

I am wondering how the new ones are arranged, if anyone has a newer MF can you please let me know how they are laid out so all of the wiring is exact.

3) Do I need to run any sort of HID to MIDI programs or is all of that taken care of through the firmware of the MF PCB?

4) am I missing anything? If so PLEASE let me know!

THANKS IN ADVANCE YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy