What do you use ur MF for?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: What do you use ur MF for?Reply
What do you use ur MF for?
Posted on: 04.07.2011 by Maryalice Zwahlen
Mates, got my MidiFighter recently, going wild, loving the thing to bits. Nevertheless apart from me just being crazy about gear Im nt sure yet what to use it for exactly. Wanted to find out what you guys mainly do with it. Do you use ur MF as a full controller instead of a e.g. VCI 100, do you use it in addition to a VCI 100 and have one MF for every deck just to go wild on effects... what is it that u use it for?
Ella Rick
Originally Posted by JanuaryOne
Daemnnnnn! nice ass setup man! Flip! So I see, really cant be a problem going with two MFs (sounds wrong...!) and an external mixer hey.
Anyone the #1 recommendation for a 2-channel mixer that aint Raneing on my pocket...?

(Sorry, comp off topic, bt how the f do i get a signature under my posts....???! Lost!)
If you go onto your own profile page you can update/add your signature
there, make sure you're log on tho.

Sorry can't help you with a good 2 channel mixer as I havnt owned one
for over a decade, the very 1st mixer I had was a made2fade which was a 2 channel but that was a very basic mixer
Dede Strelka
Quite interesting what you guys do with ur battle-machines, awesome and quite different after all hey.

@DJ barneyb which VCI are u using MK2 or original? if original, how good is it? is everyone right sayin it is until today the best controller of that kind that has been released?
It's pretty much bullet proof mate. Showing no signs of wear after a regular saturday evening slot for 12 months.

People believe its not a professional midi controller. but what is a pro controller really? It's the mapping that provides functionality and what you do with it

oh and it's the mk1 and had multiple drinks spilt over it. just let it dry clean it up and re-lube the faders
Meg Reinoehl
Originally Posted by Jason Cerna
I started out using it with just two decks. I had the mf in 4 banks mode, so i could control the effects, switch to both decks and do cue points, scratch and some looping.
This is pretty much what I'm doing now. My MFP-BM controls decks and FX, and use my Audio 2 to go into 2 channels of a DJ mixer. I do all of my mixing on the DJ mixer. Although the MFP controls everything I need it to, I may add another MFC or MFP to my rig so that I can more easily go back and forth between decks.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Originally Posted by willinfluence
I use 2x MidiFighter with deckalized mapping to control decks A and B
in TSP2 in external mixing mode with a Xone 92.
Daemnnnnn! nice ass setup man! Flip! So I see, really cant be a problem going with two MFs (sounds wrong...!) and an external mixer hey.
Anyone the #1 recommendation for a 2-channel mixer that aint Raneing on my pocket...?

(Sorry, comp off topic, bt how the f do i get a signature under my posts....???! Lost!)
Harley Hendzel
I take it you play with S4 and one MF...
U play two or four decks? and do you use the MF only for effects?
I started out using it with just two decks. I had the mf in 4 banks mode, so i could control the effects, switch to both decks and do cue points, scratch and some looping.

But, now that I've had more time with the gear in a live setting, playing with my friends, I am moving over to a 4 deck (2 track decks + 2 sample decks) setup. When we play live, they are using two 1200s, a mixer and scratch live and I am using my s4 + MF. So, there are plenty of opportunities to do sound layering and impromptu remixing.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Originally Posted by jamthrax
I love my xone 22.. great filters and sturdy. Has been to many gigs, had many dj's using it and still works perfectly!! only hang up is it is 2 channeled but the other xones in the line have 3 - 4 channels.
Aww man, that sounds so good. Just busy reading up on the xone22. Busy reconsidering my setup. Got VCI100 MK2 but wanna try original VCI100. Once I got that tried out I gotta make my call whether to get another midifigher and/or external mixer, yaddiyaddablabla.... lots to believe about. must be quite a change to play without jogwheels entirely no?
Delmar Swamy
Hm let's see I use my Midi Fighter in cunjuction with my MK4 (yes I'm cheap, I'm 16, not that much money for DJ gear ) And I use it mainly for Fx, TO just rip beats apart (Inst-Grat is a god send XD )
Maryalice Zwahlen
Found it, finally! thanks much mate
Ella Rick
Sorry forgot to say about your sig in detail,

When logged in, there is a menu bar near the top of the page
on the right hand side of the bar there is a user cp

Click it and then you can add a pic for your avatar and add you sig there
Ella Rick

If you go onto your own profile page you can update/add your signature
there, make sure you're log on tho.

Sorry can't help you with a good 2 channel mixer as I havnt owned one
for over a decade, the very 1st mixer I had was a made2fade which was a 2 channel but that was a very basic mixer
Dede Strelka
Quite interesting what you guys do with ur battle-machines, awesome and quite different after all hey.

@DJ barneyb which VCI are u using MK2 or original? if original, how good is it? is everyone right sayin it is until today the best controller of that kind that has been released?
It's pretty much bullet proof mate. Showing no signs of wear after a regular saturday evening slot for 12 months.

People believe its not a professional midi controller. but what is a pro controller really? It's the mapping that provides functionality and what you do with it

oh and it's the mk1 and had multiple drinks spilt over it. just let it dry clean it up and re-lube the faders
Maryalice Zwahlen

Dede Strelka
Midifighter running IG mapping for 4 decks. whilst VCI-100 controls 2 decks and all sample decks. Although last week my mate spilt a beer on my vci while at a gig. everything went crazy, so had to map the MF "channel C" for transport on the fly while another DJ played off ableton. All good fun

Just in the process of cleaning my line faders out now lol
Meg Reinoehl
This is pretty much what I'm doing now. My MFP-BM controls decks and FX, and use my Audio 2 to go into 2 channels of a DJ mixer. I do all of my mixing on the DJ mixer. Although the MFP controls everything I need it to, I may add another MFC or MFP to my rig so that I can more easily go back and forth between decks.
Maryalice Zwahlen
Originally Posted by willinfluence

Ella Rick
Harley Hendzel

But, now that I've had more time with the gear in a live setting, playing with my friends, I am moving over to a 4 deck (2 track decks + 2 sample decks) setup. When we play live, they are using two 1200s, a mixer and scratch live and I am using my s4 + MF. So, there are plenty of opportunities to do sound layering and impromptu remixing.
Sammie Okeeffe
no really... the deckalized mapping has everything you need to beatmix. Instead of slowing or speeding up a cd or vinyl you are pushing the shift +/- buttons on the midifighters. On you just use cue points and load points to find your place in a tune. Another bonus is the space you take up is very small.
Maryalice Zwahlen
I love my xone 22.. great filters and sturdy. Has been to many gigs, had many dj's using it and still works perfectly!! only hang up is it is 2 channeled but the other xones in the line have 3 - 4 channels.
Aww man, that sounds so good. Just busy reading up on the xone22. Busy reconsidering my setup. Got VCI100 MK2 but wanna try original VCI100. Once I got that tried out I gotta make my call whether to get another midifigher and/or external mixer, yaddiyaddablabla.... lots to believe about. must be quite a change to play without jogwheels entirely no?
Sammie Okeeffe
Maryalice Zwahlen
I use 2 midifighters (1 of each deck) and an external mixer.. it does the job well
wow, sounds awesome! kind of eans setup right... From ur signature i can tell u use the xone22. Can u recommend that mixer?
Sammie Okeeffe
I use 2 midifighters (1 of each deck) and an external mixer.. it does the job well
Maryalice Zwahlen
I use it in conjunction with my Kontrol S4
Asha Kravetz
Getting one midfighter tomorrow from the ups man... It's going to be my primary controller... maybe i'll get a second one if things go well for hands free 2 deck control
Wallace Ferraro
+1
Harley Hendzel
Maryalice Zwahlen
Originally Posted by smashah
play call of duty with it sometimes..
Wow, thats awesome mate! Good for you! Thinking more of DJ use but yah glad u shared that, sweet!
Rashida Stieb
play call of duty with it sometimes..

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy