(OLD) Midifighter Update for Mac and Windows (OLD)

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: (OLD) Midifighter Update for Mac and Windows (OLD)Reply
(OLD) Midifighter Update for Mac and Windows (OLD)
Posted on: 30.12.2010 by robert chanda
This firmware updater application has been replaced by the new Midi Fighter Utility check it out HERE

FOR MAC
This firmware updater application has been replaced by the new Midi Fighter Utility check it out HERE
Mac OS X, version 10.4 and up, downloadable from here:
http://www.djranking s.com/software/mac/MFUpdate.dmg
Open the DMG file as usual and drag the app onto the Desktop or into your Applications folder before executing it (super important to run it outside of the DMG, it downloads a temporary file).

Try it out and report any successes or issues to this thread.

You're welcome.

FOR WINDOWS
We have a new version of the Midifighter Update 1.0 for Windows that we believe will fix the problems. You can download it from here:

http://www.djranking s.com/software/pc/MFUpdate.msi[/INDENT]

Remember to uninstall the previous "Midifighter Update 1.0" app before installing this new one.

Assuming you have never previously installed software to update your Midifighter [1], when you put your Midifighter into Bootloader Mode by holding down the four corner buttons and plugging in the USB cable, Windows should respond with a "Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard". We now have a set of drivers you can direct Windows to use, located in the directory:

\Program Files\DJTechTools\MidifighterUpdate\BootloaderDriv ers

This directory includes drivers for the X86, AMD64 and IA64 platforms.

1. Select "Install from a List or a Specific Location (Advanced)", click "Next"
  2. Tick the box "Include this location in the search" and click "Browse".
  3. Direct the dialog the "Program Files/DJTechTools/MidifighterUpdate/BootloaderDrivers" directory, then click "OK".
  4. The drivers should then install.

After installation you will find that a Midifighter in bootloader mode appears in the "Device Manager" list as a new USB device called "Midifighter DFU Bootloader" under the section "LibUSB-Win32 Devices".

Running Midifighter Update should now go smoothly and your Midifighter will be found, updated and restarted.

Report back if this new fixes the problems for you!

- Fatlimey

[1] e.g. Atmel Flip or dfu-programmer for Win32
Joella Stottsberry
Originally Posted by Harlster
I'm having the same problem as Bryan350; the "you need libusb0.dll to run the updater" window keeps appearing when I try to update, and I've tried putting the libusb0.dll file into system32.
Why does that window keep popping up?
Is there a solution to why the libusb0.dll file is not being recognised?

Edit: Problem Solved;

Thanks for the advice Fatlimey, it was much needed

dude can you show me what file i have to pick when updating through device manager....the .inf i believe??
robert chanda
Originally Posted by shiftyrhythms
I have a pc win 7 I just got my midi fighter yesterday and Have no clue what to do...
If you have a new Midifighter it already comes with the latest firmware installed.
Vernie Duna
Originally Posted by bryan350
On my other computer I cant even initiate the midifighter updater, even though ive installed the libusb0.dll thing in its right folder.
Ive managed some progress on one of my computers however i still need to fix the problems on the other one.
I'm having the same problem as Bryan350; the "you need libusb0.dll to run the updater" window keeps appearing when I try to update, and I've tried putting the libusb0.dll file into system32.

Originally Posted by Fatlimey
Try this:

Attach your MF to your computer via USB, putting your MF into Bootloader mode.
Go to he Device Manager. Right-click the unknown USB device, select Update Driver Software, then "Let me pick", click "Have disk", Browse to the inf file and install.
Tyson Bussy
Hi, Yes I am using the four corner method. I unplug the midifighter, press down all four corners, plug back in, and hit "ok". The mac updater says "Flashing midifighter" then "Failed to find midifighter in bootloader mode". I do not see a checkerboard pattern. just the lcd closest to usb input is lit. Thanks
Adolf Hit
hey districity
What method are you using to put the midifighter into bootloader mode?
If you are using the four corner method described by the updater do you see the checkerboard pattern?
Tyson Bussy
I am using an Intel OSX Snow Leopard mac and I keep getting the error of "not finding a midifigther in "Failed to find Midifigther in bootloader mode". Please advise, I didn't see any instructions for a Mac user on this error. Thanks.
Florene Domeyer
Just use a second computer to update. after a few hours trying to find a solution, i downloaded the update to my laptop which is also windows 7. I was able to flash and update the midifghter w/ no problem. I believe the issue is w/ our computers, but i dont want to spend too much time trying to figure shit out.
Joella Stottsberry
Originally Posted by Harlster

dude can you show me what file i have to pick when updating through device manager....the .inf i believe??
Leeanna Ayla
Epic first post RocketKevening . Welcome to the site!!!
Winnie Glimpse
OK so Elbonio was having problems installing the software and drivers, the reason is the libusb-win32 part of the software isn't configured correctly for installing under a 64 bit Windows 7 system.

To get this to work:

1. Install the software using the MSI file as usual.
2. Open the C:\Program Files (x86)\DJTechTools\MidifighterUpdate\BootloaderDriv ers\x86 directory.
3. Make a copy of libusb0_x86.dll and rename it to libusb0.dll.
4. Move the libusb0.dll file into the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory.
5. Copy the C:\Program Files (x86)\DJTechTools\MidifighterUpdate\BootloaderDriv ers\x86\libusb0.sys file to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers.

** Note: It's important you leave the original libusb0_x86.dll in the BootloaderDrivers\x86 folder as when you install the drivers with the Midifighter_DFU_Bootloader.inf, it will reference this file.

OK, you pretty much carry on with the normal setup instructions from here.

6. Hold down the 4 corner buttons on your MidiFighter, then plug in the USB cable. Windows will detect the device.
7. Go into Device Manager and it will show you the MidiFighter with a slightly different name because it's in a special boot mode. Right-click the device and choose "Update Driver Software", then choose "Browse my Computer for Driver Software".
8. Browse to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\DJTechTools\MidifighterUpdate\BootloaderDriv ers, it shouldn't make a difference if you tick subfolders or not because the INF file it's looking for is in the top directory.
9. It should now install the drivers.

Finally:

10. Unplug your midi fighters USB cable.
11. Run the MFUpdate.exe file or use the desktop shortcut.
12. Click the "Update Midi Fighter" button. It will now ask you to plug in the midi fighter while holding down the 4 corner buttons, then it will flash the firmware.
13. RAVE!

I hope that's of some use to the x64 Windows 7 users, Elbonio seems pleased. I hope that clears up the problem for the DJ Tech Tools devs as well, perhaps in future releases they can update the instructions or automate this part of the process for x64 Win 7 users.

Great product though guys, just wish I could afford one!
Tanna Neuschaefer
Okay so RocketKevening had a look at this for me.

He told me to rename libusb0_x86.dll in the x86 folder to just libusb0.dll then copy that to the \windows\sysWOW64 directory.

Did this and it now runs.

We also copied the .sys file to windows\system32\drivers for good measure, although it still ran before doing this.

RocketKevening is going to make a post now explaining it step by step how to fix this yourself because he is much smarter than I am

See below...
Tanna Neuschaefer
Just like to say that I am running Windows 7 Home edition 64 bit and I'm also having the missing libusb0.dll problem.

I have tried copying the dll's directly into my system 32 folder - both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions - and it still doesn't work.

One thing I did notice was that in your instructions you are referring to the installation being in the \program files\DJTechTools\ folder - but for me it installed to \Program Files (x86)\DJTechTools - I don't know if this sheds any light on the issue?

I tried copying the whole dir to \Program Files\ but that had no effect.

When installing the program initially there wasn't much in the way of dialogue boxes - it pops up asking if I want to install it but once you click next there's nothing else after that. Often with installers you'll have an "installation complete" dialogue box at the end but I did not get this on any of the times I tried installing - that's after re-downloading it several times.

Again, not sure if that will shed any light on it or if the installer is working as intended but I am stumped as to how to fix this problem and would really like my Midi Fighter to be updated!

Any help you can give would be appreciated.
Geraldo Ottesen
Hmm alright then Ill just skip that.. and so if that is updated I'm trying to import the tsi file for the IG mapping and it just comes up as Pro 2 default mapping?

EDIT****

Okay finally I got the IG mapping working but only one deck....and can't seem to get into 4 banks mode because of the "bug" they found in the last midi fighters ... Will a paper clip fit into those reset holes if I don't have any sauder or electrical wire?
robert chanda
Originally Posted by shiftyrhythms
I have a pc win 7 I just got my midi fighter yesterday and Have no clue what to do...
If you have a new Midifighter it already comes with the latest firmware installed.
Geraldo Ottesen
Could anyone help me with my midi fighter ? I've replyed in two threads and NO ONE can help me I have a pc win 7 I just got my midi fighter yesterday and Have no clue what to do , Everytime i try to update is says the dll file is missing or program can't start correctly , everytime i put it in boot mode it doesn't checker like it should just the 4 corners stay lit. I downloaded the hex file but have no idea what to do with it....A little frustrated as of now I have tp2 if that helps or not ..
Madlyn Trocino
In the 6 hour prosses I have been lead to 4 different ways to flash my midi fighter, and after 6 hours I have tryed....(Below)

Using ATMEL with Windows (I do everything as suggested and when I try to load the HEX file it says "Address Is Out of Range"

Using the "All New" Windows Updater from DJTT Multable times (Curiously, half the time it says "Flash Succsessful" (and it is not) and the other half of the time it says "Failed to Flash" (which unfortunatly is correct)

So then I thought...."Oh i'll try using the MAC updater..."

The only thing I have been able to achieve with the DJTT "all new" Mac Updater, is a message saying "Failed To Find Midi Fighter in Boot Loader Mode"

At no time does Traktor Pro (on my Mac or PC) let me use the MF. The Mac sees it in Traktor Pro, however I cannot program it using midi learn. And my PC simply doesnt see it at all.

So im back to using ATMEL (windows xp) because it seems I get the futhest while trying to update.

In ATMEL I can get as far as loading the HEX file...But when I chose it, it says "Address Is Out OF Range"

WTF does "Address Is Out OF Range" MEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL....OK got it.....Seems thru all this.....all I had to do is use the DJTT "all new" Mac updater. I kept running it over and over until it said "Success". It took about 7 trys and VIOLA" it worked.

The lesson I learned here is. Use the most resent Updaters !!!!!!!
Otha Forgacs
fat limey, is there an update that works for windows 7 available? everyone is getting the same problem with the libusb0.dll file. I dont mind getting technical and fixing your software but after you download the libusb0.dll and put it as sys file and in the updater its still doesnt work. Not only that but none of the drivers will work on either of my computers. I have a desktop with an asus motherboard and a laptop samsung atom. Im not messing with the hardware of the midifighter 200$ is a heavy price to accidentally mess something up. Please email me back asap so I can use the 4 banks mode and actually use my midifighter finally. The midifighter itself will go into checkerboard mode when the 4 corners are down but no drivers are available that work
Otha Forgacs
im using win 7 and everytime i try to use the updater it says its missing dll file. i have uninstalled and reinstalled twice cant get the bootloader working.Please help
Vernie Duna
On my other computer I cant even initiate the midifighter updater, even though ive installed the libusb0.dll thing in its right folder.
Ive managed some progress on one of my computers however i still need to fix the problems on the other one.

Try this:

Attach your MF to your computer via USB, putting your MF into Bootloader mode.
Go to he Device Manager. Right-click the unknown USB device, select Update Driver Software, then "Let me pick", click "Have disk", Browse to the inf file and install.
Karma Lucha
That's not very polite.
Written out of frustration after not being able to update my midi fighter and then reading your post that bluntly says that my error shouldn't happen

"The installer handles this for you"
robert chanda
Originally Posted by alex8337
Well obviously it doesnt work as well as you believe because I'm getting this same problem and same libusb0.dll error

That's not very polite.
Karma Lucha
I assume, because you mention "libusb0.dll" that you are using a Windows machine. On windows, libusb requires two parts - a DLL file that needs to be in the system Path and a SYS file that needs to be copied to the %windows%\system32 folder.

The installer MFUpdate.msi handles this for you, as well as selecting the correct version of the DLL and SYS files for your 32- or 64-bit system (there are several to choose between!).
Well obviously it doesnt work as well as you believe because I'm getting this same problem and same libusb0.dll error
robert chanda
I managed to get into the updater working on my laptop and everything was flashed, however now its still acting weird. On my other computer I cant even initiate the midifighter updater, even though ive installed the libusb0.dll thing in its right folder.
I assume, because you mention "libusb0.dll" that you are using a Windows machine. On windows, libusb requires two parts - a DLL file that needs to be in the system Path and a SYS file that needs to be copied to the %windows%\system32 folder.

The installer MFUpdate.msi handles this for you, as well as selecting the correct version of the DLL and SYS files for your 32- or 64-bit system (there are several to choose between!).
Hunter Renslow
Does the midifighter work on the machine you got the updater working? I assume you've rebooted your computer and tried a different usb port? Have you reloaded the tsi's?I've had tractor and my laptop freeze up to the point I thought something serious was wrong from a usb device problem.
robert chanda
Originally Posted by sidetrakd
Just to add to this thread, fatlimey I was going to solve my update problem by doing it the old fashion way but when I wired faders into the inputs I realised I have superfaders,
Which means I already had the new firmware,right?
That is correct!
Florene Domeyer
I managed to get into the updater working on my laptop and everything was flashed, however now its still acting weird. On my other computer I cant even initiate the midifighter updater, even though ive installed the libusb0.dll thing in its right folder.

2 days ago the midifighter was working fine and now it just stopped working. Im not looking forward for the DIY repair... ive been up almost 4 hours trying to fix it. When i bought this thing, i didnt know i was going to be up all evening trying to hack it.
Hunter Renslow
Bryan350 all the DIY stuff is a positive thing as the chances of getting it working from your own home are very high unless something serious is wrong.it would be way more inconvenient to be without a piece of kit while its sent off for repair! Libusb0.dll can easy be located with a quick Google.download it and copy it into your midifighter folder in program files(that's where I'm assuming it needs to go,someone please correct t me if I'm wrong!) If the bootloader doesn't work for you have another look in the community for instructions on flashing it manually! Good luck!

Just to add to this thread, fatlimey I was going to solve my update problem by doing it the old fashion way but when I wired faders into the inputs I realised I have superfaders,
Which means I already had the new firmware,right?
Florene Domeyer
damn, my midi fighter crapped out on me and tried all the fixes on this community and its still unresponsive. I tried using the midi fighter updater but keep getting a missing libusb0.dll error. I tried it on my my laptop and its still not sending any signal.

I dont have the time to spend programming this shit, i just want it to work how it did... this is too much of a hassle to be hacking.... most of us dont have the time or energy to spend doing this.
robert chanda
I am mystified...

Let me believe on this.
Hunter Renslow
  1. You're using Win7.
  2. You downloaded and installed the .msi file.
  3. You plugged in your Midifighter while it was in Bootloader mode, and got the "Welcome to Found New Hardware Wizard".
  4. Using the wizard you installed the drivers that are stored in the "/Program Files/DJTechTools/MidifighterUpdate/BootloaderDrivers" directory.
  5. The drivers installed correctly and you can see the "Midifighter DFU Bootloader" device in the Device Manager.
  6. You then run the MFUpdate.exe file and follow the instructions about entering bootloader mode, clicking "OK" and "OK".
  7. And you get the error "Failed to find a Midifighter in Bootloer Mode".

Is it correct that you followed all of these steps? Can you copy and paste the entire MFUpdate output log to here please.

I followed all those steps and they were exactly as described! Here is a screenshot of my mf update and device manager.How do I get an output log?

robert chanda
Originally Posted by sidetrakd
After following all the steps im still having the same problems.I have tried on my windows7 laptop and also an old xp laptop.
it still shows up "failed to find a midifighter in bootloader mode" even though its listed in device manager!! I would appreciate any help or advice!!
  1. You're using Win7.
  2. You downloaded and installed the .msi file.
  3. You plugged in your Midifighter while it was in Bootloader mode, and got the "Welcome to Found New Hardware Wizard".
  4. Using the wizard you installed the drivers that are stored in the "/Program Files/DJTechTools/MidifighterUpdate/BootloaderDrivers" directory.
  5. The drivers installed correctly and you can see the "Midifighter DFU Bootloader" device in the Device Manager.
  6. You then run the MFUpdate.exe file and follow the instructions about entering bootloader mode, clicking "OK" and "OK".
  7. And you get the error "Failed to find a Midifighter in Bootloer Mode".

Is it correct that you followed all of these steps? Can you copy and paste the entire MFUpdate output log to here please.
Hunter Renslow
After following all the steps im still having the same problems.I have tried on my windows7 laptop and also an old xp laptop.
it still shows up "failed to find a midifighter in bootloader mode" even though its listed in device manager!! I would appreciate any help or advice!!
Arlene Schmauch
LOVING THE UPDATE! Four Banks Mode is all i could ask for. Update was breezy. I am a very happy camper right now, thanks Fatlimey and DJTECHTOOLS!
robert chanda
Originally Posted by RCUS
Hey Fatlimey, thanks again for this, but I'm getting a "file not found/404/page error" when I try to DL the update =(
Oops, my inability to edit a URL. Fixed the post, try again.
Arlene Schmauch
Hey Fatlimey, thanks again for this, but I'm getting a "file not found/404/page error" when I try to DL the update =(
robert chanda
The Midifighter Update for Windows beta version is now the official version.

If you still have problems, don't hesitate to post on this thread and we'll get you up and running.
Waneta Dilalla
The update seems to have worked for me!

I initially saw the "driver not found" problem when going into Bootloader mode. After manually installing the drivers supplied in your latest version of the updater on my amd64 machine, the Midi fighter was recognised in boot loader mode.
I was able to then run the updater successfully!

Good work Limey, much appreciated
Lorelei Przybylowicz
Cheers man, I will test it out

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy