Reply to Midifighter firmware prototype release: MIDI record/playback!!

Midifighter firmware prototype release: MIDI record/playback!!
I am delighted to announce our first custom firmware release!

This is a teaser prototype release of some awesome new features myself and Sidetrakd are working on for existing Midifighter owners (ie, no hardware mods necessary!) What this custom firmware does is allow you to RECORD midi notes right on your Midifighter, allowing you to quickly create and playback loops of Midifighter effects! Credit for coming up with the concept goes to Sidetrakd.

Download hex file here.

How to use:
1. Download and extract the zip file.
2. Flash your midifighter with this custom firmware.
3. Use midifighter with your favourite midi program.
4. Press the top-right corner button to begin recording (the light will flash to let you know its recording)
Code:
 . . . # <- This button to record!
 . . . .
 . . . .
 . . . .
5. Mash some buttons to record notes
6. Press record button again to stop
7. Have fun!

It will record both button presses and releases, so if you, for example, press and hold button A, press and release button B, then release button A, it will record and play it back like that too. It also plays the buttons back with the same timing between presses as when you recorded (so you can add pauses between buttons).

NOTE: It will only record a maximum of 16 button presses OR releases (so if you press and release a button, you can record it 8 times). Also, since the top-right button is used to control recording, it cannot be used as a bank or effects button. In the future I will allow you to enable and disable it in the menu, but for now it will always be active.

Simply press record again to replace the recording with a new one and press record twice to clear the recording.

Thats it!

Remember, it is only a prototype version and as such you should expect some glitches (eg notes not recording or playing back correctly).

DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk. While I am certain this firmware cannot harm your midifighter, I take absolutely no responsibility for any side effects or damage it may cause.
LEGAL: I am not yet ready to release the source code, but I will send it to anybody who requests it, in compliance with the GNU General Public License.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy