Reply to Korg padKontrol/Midi Fighter - tsi/scene set

Korg padKontrol/Midi Fighter - tsi/scene set
I'm not sure if something like this exists already on the community , but I'll post this anyway in the hopes that somebody might find it useful. Good news for those of us who own a padKontrol and would like the functionality of a midi fighter.

You can modify the note values of your padkontrol with the padKontrol editor librarian software, which is available on the korg website.

Just change each note value accordingly..

C3 C#3 D3 D#3
G#2 A2 A#2 B2
E2 F2 F#2 G2
C2 C#2 D2 D#2

With the editor librarian, you can still keep any other preset note values you currently have for other software on your computer. Just add these values to another scene set within the program. You can have up to 16 scene sets total.

Make sure that each of these note values are on midi channel 3. The reason for this is that you can import the actual midi fighter tsi into traktor for the padkontrol. The original tsi file for the midi fighter uses the above note values all on midi channel 3. (I found out the hard way!)

So now, you have to import the latest midi fighter tsi into traktor, available at none other that DJTT. After the import, change your In-Port and Out-Ports to padKontrol 1 MIDI IN, and padKontrol 1 MIDI OUT respectively.

If you have done everything correctly, your padKontrol should function just as a midi fighter would. You can also modify the tsi to incorporate the kaoss pads X Y feature, as well as the two upper knobs, and a foot switch.

I have attached my editor librarian scene set for this mapping in this post. I am also working on a tutorial on how to change FX presets 1 thru 4 on a VCI 100 SE to whatever effects chain you would like.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy