Reply to Possible idea for Midi Fighter 'Touch' model.

Possible idea for Midi Fighter 'Touch' model.
I have no clue as to why my original thread about this was nuked by the mods, no PMs or emails warning me. And I don't see anything I could have done -wrong- in it either, unless posting images of the concept and pics of game controllers with touch pads (like the Turbo Touch 360 controller from Triax, who btw, no longer exists and thus couldn't complain about the copying of the tech) is somehow against the ToS of this board. I did try to respond to a commenter, several times, with day upon day passing of my comment not getting approved (didn't swear, didn't attack the guy, was just explaining the concept further). Guess I shouldn't have, as maybe then the thread would have gotten to live a little bit longer.

ANYWAY...

The idea is for a Midi Fighter model with the same basic 16 trigger arrangement as the arcade button Midi Fighters, except those would be replaced with touch pads that would be flush with the unit. Now, when I say "touch pad" believe of the D-Pad on the Turbo Touch 360, or the mouse pad on most laptops (or the 'power on' button on a PS3). The touch sensor registers your finger touching it. Seeing as how there is some variance in the point at which the arcade buttons trigger, possibly due to spring heights and other factors, and some folks talking about their buttons getting 'stuck' - I thought perhaps this might be a good idea. No moving parts = nothing to eventually wear down and need replacing. And tapping out drums or samples on it would be about the same as casually tapping on your desk or knee.

The commenter (to the thread that was inexplicably nuked), suggested Akai-esque rubber pads, sure, that'd be nice, but again, those would face some wear, whereas a flush touch surface wouldn't.

The other part of this is there would be a 'Turbo' knob something like the one on the old NES Advantage controller, and a small 'engage' button somewhere on the device close to this knob but not 'in the way' - you roll up the knob from -0- and you hit the 'engage button' and you can hold a trigger and have it repeat, same idea as 'Turbofire' on the old aftermarket controllers for NES, Super NES, Sega etc. The knob would work in the same step arrangements as that of the 'Resolution' knob in Reason's Redrum.

Sound okay? I haven't said anything or posted images of anything that would offend someone??? Then please, allow my thread to live and gain hits / comments.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy