Reply to Idea for Midi Fighters

Idea for Midi Fighters
With the MF Twister coming in January, I started believeing that a way of joining MFs together might be a good idea.

It would be a simple plate of aluminum (rounded and annodized dust black) with rubber feet on the bottom. The mounting holes match the MF assembly holes, so all you need are slightly longer screws. You really wouldn't need all 4 holes, just 2 diagonal from each other, but I was believeing about some spacers between the MF and the plate to be able to see the ground LEDs better. I guess that could be option in the mounting.

Overall length would be about 14 inches+. So about an inch shy of mixer length. There would also be an inch + space between the MF's to accommodate a right angle USB plug.

Here's my crude rendering.
MFplate.jpg

I imagine this used with one MF above the other (a Spectra with a Twister on top), but side by side mounting would be no problem except the side buttons would be a little harder to access in the middle area. Though still accessible.

I'm sure a product design pro could come up with a more elegant solution (one with out having to screw it to the plate), but I was going for simple and easy/cheap to produce. Not that I have the where with all to get such a thing into production, but maybe DJTT would if there is enough interest. Or it could be a simple DIY project for those who want one bad enough.

What do you believe? would you want/use one?

Do you see any flaws with the general concept? (ie am I missing something?)

Of course, at this point I am assuming the Twister is using the same casing as the Spectra and assembled in a similar fashion.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy