Steve Aoki - a relentless entrepreneur
Steve Aoki founded Dim Mak Records when he was 19, back in 1996. Right away he started to support an eclectic roster of artists. One of the success stories is Bloc party, which was found in 2003. After that they started giving out Bloc Party remixes and hosting Dim Mak label parties in LA. Remixing indie bands as well as Michael Jackson and eventually working on his own tunes, Steve Aoki has stepped into the limelight as a DJ, artist and a producer. The man is constantly busy for he has only 17 employees on LA on the label. The majority of his time is taken up by signing up new artists, working on projects in his studio or on the computer. However, that doesn't keep him from embarking upon countless other things at the same time. It's not an accident that Steve Aoki's #5 on Forbes Wealthiest DJ's in the World list and #12 in The Official DJ Rankings. We'll give you an overview of some of his undertakings in this article.
Most remarkably, The Steve Aoki's Charitable Fund, that coincides with his birthday bash where he'll be performing alongside Dirtyphonics, Dmitri Vegas & Like Mike (flyer above). Aoki introduces the specifics of this karmic crusade and how you can participate in the video below.
In association with Alloy Digital's in house production studio Generate, 'Chasing with Steve Aoki', an Amazing Race styled reality show has been produced. In the series there's assignments to find clues and compete in obstacle courses. There's three teams of two competing for a chance to meet the superstar DJ Steve Aoki. The series is featured on Xbox Live. As you'll see there's a lot of brand marketing, such as the branded logos of Xbox's upcoming racing game 'Forza Horizon'. Misty Kingma serves as the host of the show, and Smosh guys will make an appearance as well. So the show has Aoki carrying the money in bucketloads, but it's all good as long as everyone is having a blast, right? Besides, there's the pumping soundtrack made by Steve Aoki himself. Check out the first episode yourself!
Well, everbody who's more familiar with Steve Aoki, also knows about his unconventional love of cakes. To celebrate the summoning of 1 million Facebook likes, Aoki elevated his fondness of playing with food to new heights. In 2012 Sunset Music Festival he gave his mother something to nag about with a dive into this incredibly large cake. Check out the video of making the cake and the dive itself!
Concerning the music part of Aoki's enterprise, there's news as well. Collaborating with Lil' Jon and Chiddy Bang on a brand new single with a video in addition. Check out the video for the track that's bound to be overflowing the clubs and radiostations in the near future.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news