Tiesto transcending music genres
World famous DJ Tiësto is a performer that has transcended musical genres. His achievements include a Grammy nomination, numerous MTV awards, and performing at the opening ceremony of the 2004 Athens Olympic Games to an audience of billions. He has a globally syndicated Club Life radio show and a Club Life iTunes artist podcast and was voted ‘The Greatest DJ Of All Time’ by Mixmag in 2011 and #3 in the ‘DJ Magazines Top 100’ 2011. He has worked with superstars such as Kanye West, Coldplay and Katy Perry. He will also be making an appearance at this year´s Ultra Music Festival in Miami. Recently DJ Tiësto gave a short interview for the Forbes Magazine. He was interviewed by Dan Schawbel. In this interview he answered questions about subjects like his influences, daily routines and house music.
Tijs Michiel Verwest better known for his alias Tiësto doesn’t have many quiet days, as you would imagine. He’s almost never longer than two days in the same spot. Although the constant travelling might be fatigueing, he tries to keep a healthy diet and get as much sleep as he can.
Tiesto can’t actually pinpoint how house music took off in America, but he does say that a lot of elements have had to come together. Mainstream pop has been adopting elements of dance music and live shows. No matter what the exact reason is, the main thing is that the scene has erupted in 2012. He doesn’t really bring out which artists have influenced him in the near past. Drawing from a really broad range of artists and DJs, he’s always looking out for new melodies, beats and inspiration.
Of course a lot credit must be given to Tiësto’s fans which the DJ holds and appreciates most of all. Whenever he has time, he communicates with them on social media sites. A lot of people really enjoyed the possibility to witness gigs which Tiësto broadcast via Twitter in January.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news