MIGOS AND DJ MUSTARD TAKE OVER A WAREHOUSE
Sometimes, all you need for a good music video is some strobe lights and a ridiculous, but fun concept. Thats exactly what Mustard and Migos put into effect for their Pure Water video, packing out the clip with vivacious models but turning the trope on its head by giving them a bucket of paint-filled water balloons and letting them go crazy. By the end of the video, everything from the models to the walls of the soundstage are awash with splatters of color all except the icy principles, of course. Theres not a speck on their blinding white coveralls as they two-step their way through the mess, seemingly having just as much as the paintball fighters.
"At first it was just a song me and Quavo came up with, and then I was like, No, I gotta get the whole gang on here. We worked our way to get everybody on there and it was I knew what it was when I first heard it though, Mustard previously explained to Zane Lowe, breaking down the origins of Pure Water. This is my first time working with Offset and Takeoff. Me and Quavo got an ongoing relationship cause we did the song Want Her a long time ago. Now with this song, it was easier. I feel like everybody grown, even myself. With me and Quavo, it was just tag teaming, getting everybody involved, but once it came together, it was like a match made in heaven type thing."
What do water and paint have in common? Besides both being wet, nothing. Thats apparently enough to string them together because DJ Mustard and Migos new video, Pure Water is about fast and furious painting action. This isnt your regular easel-in-a-studio-apartment kind of painting.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news