Yolanda Be Cool start to speak Americano, ink deal with Dim Mak ahead of debut album
Seems Yolanda Be Cool won't be a one-hit affair after all. After 'We No Speak Americano' saw success of ridiculous proportions (topping 18 charts in 2010), the Australian duo hasn't released anything nearly as remarkable. Obviously, that's nothing surprising. Rarely you see someone top themselves right after conquering the world. Imagine Psy trying to top 'Gangnam Style' with something new right now. However, things might be about to change for Yolanda Be Cool, as they've signed to Dim Mak Recs ahead of 'Ladies & Mentalmen' debut album and world tour.
Doing a hit single is a blessing and a curse. In an effort to free themselves from the restraint of the Americano song, they gave an 'official' press conference recalling the track. A similar move was made by Avicii's management, when Bergling got frustrated for only getting recognized for 'Levels'.
Watch: The press conference by the Australian duo, recalling 'We No Speak Americano'
Steve Aoki heartily introduces Yolanda Be Cool to Dim Mak. Watch the first initiation ritual e.g. caking of the faces, in Yolanda Be Cool's first video for their debut album 'Ladies & Mentalmen':
— Steve Aoki (@steveaoki) February 21, 2013
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news