Halsey Responds To Homophobic Backlash Of Her Recent Performance
"Very proud of the emotional performance I did with Jade Chynoweth on NBCs The Voice tonight, she tweeted. And also very proud to have pissed off homophobic viewers at home who missed the message."
Halsey took a moment on Twitter to talk about her performance, and to also call out her online detractors. Very proud of the emotional performance i did with @JadeChynoweth on @NBCTheVoice tonight, she wrote on Twitter. And also very proud to have pissed off the homophobic viewers at home who missed the message. Thanks for watching.
First things first, Halsey tweeted about how proud she was of what she achieved with the performance. After it aired, she wrote: "Very proud of the emotional performance i did with @JadeChynoweth on @NBCTheVoice tonight. And also very proud to have pissed off thw homophobic viewers at home who missed the message. Thanks for watching."
She then added: "Represention matters. Thanks @NBCTheVoice for giving a space for this vision to come to life. And thank you @JadeChynoweth for being an incredible human who used her body like the ultimate instrument for this collaboration." We are so lucky to have a bisexual star like Halsey in pop right now.
If we can all take part in a quick throwback to the olden days for a moment: Its 2004. Low-rise jeans are in. Ashlee Simpson is in a red and black plaid cropped sweater. Its Saturday night. Jude Law (as handsome as ever) introduces Simpson for her second song on Saturday Night Live but the wrong track begins to play! For those of you who dont remember this cringe-worthy moment, Simpsons song Pieces of Me began to playincluding her pre-recorded vocalswhile she looked around confused, expecting to lip sync to a completely different song. Oops!
Were so proud of Halsey for using her performance to express the many ways that love exists in this worldand for sticking up for herself and that love amid backlash. We have no doubt this will make an impact, especially to LGBTQ+ viewers who might be struggling on their journeys right now.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news