A Sit Down With DJ Promise Land
Promise Land is a collaboration between two DJs as well as producers and powerful remixers , Fabio Ranucci and Nazario Pelusi. Both men are pursuing their careers as Disk Jockey since 10 years ago in their hometown of Anzio, Italy. Their long hard work is fruitful, with the presence of collaborations with DJ Provenzano, Chuckie, Amanda Wilson, Georgi Kay, and others. Not only that, a powerful group duo with the trance genre has spawned a lot of rebranded trackslike What does not kill you (Kelly Clarkson), What a feeling (Agaudino ft Kelly Rowland), If it was not for love(Deborah Cox), and much more.
Since entering the dance music scene, Promise Land have successfully established themselves as two of the most prolific and talented producers in this industry. Hailing from Rome, Italy, this duo has excelled in honing their craft and delivering brilliant and high-quality music productions.
Their talent is based on a sound of sexy-house mixed with groove progressive, that reached the attention of names like Tiesto, Angello, Axwell and Morillo, just to name the first. Publications on Subliminal Records, Spinnin Records, Flamingo, Size are granted a rating of the highest level in the world's ranking. One of their biggest success is the remix for the Swedish House Mafia "Do not you worry child," by their fans all over the world.
"We were looking for something new, something that would inspire us a new idea and we were hit by the lead tech that we used in the track, then we worked on the groove and finally on the break."
We think our music is closer to Progressive House. Yes, we love Melody and Progressive House groove. In Italy has not had a music culture big enough compared to other countries. Everything is affected from the outside.
The passion for music and our love that we always have for DJ equipment consoles since we were teenagers.
What do you think is the difference between clubbers in Asia and in Europe?
We feel there is not much difference. Many clubs that we go to have a sound system that is complete and quality. Similarly, the crowd is present. Many young people came with great passionate to enjoy our music.
Who have been some of your influences throughout the years, both inside and outside of the dance music scene?
We are great fans of Swedish House Mafia, everything they did impressed us, there was always something interesting about their music, never predictable, and we saw them as three great friends who joined their ideas to create something incredible.
See how people have fun and follow you during the set.
Your track "X-Press" was one of, if not the biggest Doorn Records release. What was the idea and process behind the track? Did you expect it to become such a major festival hit?
At the beginning, we had the groove as an idea; we really liked how it sounded so kept it and decided to create something that would make everything more interesting. Looking in various libraries, we got hit by a particular loop which match perfectly with our idea, so we brought it on Logic and we started editing this sound that ended up being the winning part of X-Press. We werent expecting such huge support for X-Press, bringing together so many DJs in this musical moment is very hard, so were happy we could do that.
If you are not a DJ, what are you choosing?
What are some of your favorite highlights of 2016?
One of the best moment of 2016 are our fans which sent us video of them dancing to X-Press played in the biggest festivals of the world, from Miami to Ibiza.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news