Official Video of 'Symmetries' by Paul van Dyk featuring Austin Leeds
'Symmetries' saw the light of day already earlier in 2012. It was born out of a collaboration between Austin Leeds and Paul van Dyk. Austin and Paul have known each other for some time, they befriended when collaborating on a tune called 'New York City'. PVD stated that 'Symmetries' started when Austin had come up with a piece with drums, percussion loops and bassline.
Austin sent this near-complete backing track to Paul who used his own methods to develope the track further. He elaborates: "At the start of 'Evolution's production, I assembled this kind of hybrid studio set-up which I could take into clubs. Through keyboards and effects boxes, it allowed me to work in pretty much any type of new element you can imagine to a track. I'm not sure if my audiences realized it at the time, but they were essentially interacting with the music making process of 'Evolution'. Their reactions were showing me which direction each of the tracks should take. It's a very new discipline, and it basically hazes the line between studio and club. The music made in the studio is, to the very great degree, designed for the club, so it is a very natural progression to work this way."
Dyk added a piano hook he had in mind. Playing the riff, bringing the two parts together, he saw that it should be adjusted to a bit lighter vibe. This is how the catchy tune was made. Now there's a cool video to accompany the contagious piano line and refined bass. Go on a trip with an eccentric crew and explore the dried out lake looking like Tatooine from Star Wars.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news