Documentary: A Year With Armin van Buuren
Armin van Buuren, the Dutch trance megastar started filming a documentary after the birth of his daughter in July 2011. The movie shows a well-balanced, endlessly-productive DJ close-hand – you’ll see how committed he is to his family and ’A State Of Trance’ radio show while working on a non-stop touring schedule.
“Trance music has a special effect on people,” says Armin early on in the doc. “It unites them in a way I’ve never seen with other types of music. It makes them ecstatic and has an almost religious effect. It’s extraordinary.”
The Dutch has been voted the number one DJ in the world for four years in a row now, so you know that Armin and his ’Trance Family’ know what their doing and talking about.
Although there’s a downside as well “Sometimes he works for over 80 to 90 hours a week,” says Erika, Armin’s wife.“He never stops working. He doesn’t like to show his weakness and does everything for his fans.” Doesn’t matter how committed he wants to or tries to be, there’s just some limits of the human body you can’t overcome. “When I get home, I’m tired and cranky. And the woman I love has to suffer.”
This is a great movie documenting the life of Armin van Buuren at his peak. Doesn’t matter, if you’re a fan looking for more intimate knowledge of the trance-titan or if you’re just interested how a superstar DJ lives – this is an insightful documentary to both the DJ and the trance world.
Stream the documentary right here!
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news