Maren Morris Holds Her Head High In New GIRL Video
"I think it just comes down to -- we don't want more than everyone else."
The My Church singer-songwriter, 27, announced her engagement to Hurd, 32, on Sunday, posting a series of photos in which she shows off her new accessory. In one, she holds a Corona Light while resting her hand on Hurds leg, a nod to the lyrics of Love In a Bar, the single he wrote about their relationship.
And I feel like the last two years, after touring and growing up a bit more and obviously Ive found somebody that understands me now, and have fallen in love and gotten married my [perspective on] songwriting is just a little different. Its a little lighter than it was the first time around! she says with a laugh, adding, "Im not quite as bitter."
Morris is bringing that new maturity to her upcoming album.
This album is really about self-acceptance and partner acceptance, she says. The first half of the album is very self-reflective, and it's more about me. Then the second half of the record transitions into me being the counterpart to somebody else. I didnt have any love songs on [debut album] Hero, so there are a lot more on this one, and I think thats been a really beautiful side to being a touring musician: You never see the person, you miss them all the time, and hes a musician as well, so were constantly writing with each other or about each other. A lot of these songs reflect that."
Another shows the couple gazing into each others eyes.
Morris simply captioned the images, Yes. with an engagement ring emoji.
Hurds most recent Instagram post was a snap of him and Morris heading out on a boat ride with the date of the proposal, July 3, as the caption.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news