Bebe Rexha Calls Out Designers
"You go to any big designer. I had my team hit out a lot of designers, and a lot of them do not want to dress me because I'm 'too big.' Literally, I'm 'too big.'"
Bebe Rexha is speaking out. The pop songstress called out designers on Monday for refusing to dress her for the 61st Annual Grammy Awards on February 10.
The 29-year-old "Meant to Be" singer, who earned her first Grammy nomination in December, posted a video on Instagram about the matter at hand. She explained how her team reached out to multiple designers, but they rejected the opportunity to create a custom red carpet outfit for her because she's "too big." She elaborated on the issue further in the post's caption.
"If you don't like my fashion style or my music thats one thing. But don't say you cant dress someone that isnt a runway size," Rexha wrote. "Empower women to love their bodies instead of making girls and women feel less than by their size. We are beautiful any size! Small or large! Anddddd My size 8 ass is still going to the Grammys."
In the short clips caption on Twitter, Rexha said the rude designers wont hold her back, My size 8 a** is still going to the Grammys.
Rexha is nominated for both Best New Artist and Country Duo/Performance for her collab with Florida Georgia Line.
Since her post, a number of designers have apparently reached out to the singer to volunteer their services. Designers such as August Getty, Tanya Taylor and Elizabeth Kennedy all replied that they would love to outfit Rexha for the event.
Fellow singer Demi Lovato praised Rexha in the comments section of her video. F**king preach!!! Lovato wrote. "Love this and you for speaking your mind and using your voice!"
"We are beautiful any size! Small or large!" she added. "Anddddd my size 8 ass is still going to the Grammys. #LOVEYOURBODY.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news