Kelly Rowland Talks 2019 Album
"Ive all the time been impressed by girls, and with this assortment, I actually wished that to be mirrored."
Its been a minute since Kelly Rowland final put out an album 5 years, in reality. Shes dropped just a few new tracks in recent times, together with Kelly, which she launched in November as a teaser to her subsequent endeavor, however followers might be relieved to listen to that the songstress is lastly gearing as much as deal with them to a brand new studio album someday this 12 months.
Although shes reluctant to present us a precise timeline, Rowland tells Billboard that 2019 is certainly the 12 months. This 12 months! I stated that final 12 months. However I truly, actually imply it this 12 months, she jokes.
And for her fifth studio album, Rowland is taking it again a couple of a long time. While the roots of her new mission are R&B, she says that recently shes been fully impressed by hip-hop from the '90s. That period feels good. And Ive been impressed by Marvin Gaye. Hes like my secret crush. Ive completely been in that '90s headspace, she says of the combo of old- and new-school sounds.
Rowland, who celebrated the launch of her first-ever capsule collection for Fabletics by internet hosting an intimate exercise class in Los Angeles on Tuesday, says the theme of her new attire and music go hand in hand.
Embracing your physique is a lesson Rowland says she herself has needed to be taught through the years. And its undoubtedly a theme thats knowledgeable her music. Clearly, if you consider a tune like Bootylicious that Futures Youngster had, that theme is obvious, says Rowland, who reveals that shell even have a brand new tune on her forthcoming album that tackles the notion of studying to like and embrace your physique. Theres a tune that I did within the studio that I really like a lot that talks about that. Im not going to get into it, but it surelys actually cool. Its going to be on the report, probably. Ive recorded so many rattling songs, she says with amusing.
According to Rowland, the wrestle for self-acceptance is a notion that each one girls can relate to. I feel it all the time reveals itself, as a result of girls undergo that. I feel folks undergo that usually, however girls undergo that extra so than something. We are typically very onerous on ourselves. And I feel its essential we empower one another, Rowland explains.
In latest months, rumors have been swirling a few attainable Rowland/Beyoncé musical collaboration, however Rowland tells Billboard that her latest sightings with Queen Bey don't have anything to do with music. Its so humorous. I assume each time folks see us collectively, they only see music however I simply see sisterhood, and thats what we're and thats what me, her, Michelle [Williams] and Solange and I are. People see us all collectively, they instantly assume music. Im like, no. Just household, Rowland says.
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news