Megan Fox Thought She Wouldnt Be A Sympathetic Victim For #MeToo
"I dont want to say this about myself, but lets say that I was ahead of my time and so people werent able to understand.."
Megan Fox said she worried she wouldnt be seen as a sympathetic victim so she kept quiet about quite a few stories during the heat of the #MeToo movement.
I didnt speak out for many reasons. I just didnt think based on how Id been received by people, and by feminists, that I would be a sympathetic victim, the 32-year-old actress revealed to the New York Times in an article published Friday.
Fox said that she has "quite a few stories" she could have told as legions of women and men in Hollywood were inspired to come forward about their own experiences within the industry after accusations against Harvey Weinstein opened the floodgates in the fall of 2017.
Fox has previously opened up about uncomfortable moments in her career. In a 2009 interview with Wonderland magazine, she said she became frustrated with Transformers director Michael Bay when he directed her to "be hot" or to "be sexy" on set. In that same interview, Fox said that Bay "wants to be like Hitler on his sets," which drew controversy and overshadowed her comments about Bay's questionable directives.
Later that year, Fox said in an interview with Jimmy Kimmel that on the set of Bad Boys II, when she was only 15 years old, that Bay ordered her to dance under a waterfall while wearing a bikini and six-inch heels.
Because of how her comments were received nearly a decade ago, Fox said she was scared to be an active participant in today's cultural climate charged with female empowerment. She also suggested that her previous statements might have been "ahead of my time."
"I dont know if there will ever be a time where Im considered normal or relatable or likable."
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news