Ariana Grande Chops Off Signature Ponytail, Debuts Post-Breakup Lob
"Every time I put my hair up, its like a surprise. Like, I forget how much I love it, and then I tie it back and Im like, I love this look! Ooh, girl!"
Ariana Grande has shocked her fans with a dramatic new post-split hairstyle.
The newly single pop singer has long sported long locks and her signature high ponytail, but she appears to have now opted for the chop.
The break up occurred just weeks after the tragic death of Ariana's ex-boyfriend, US rapper Mac Miller who died of a cocaine and fentanyl overdose.
And earlier this year, the star broke down in tears when reliving the Manchester Arena terror attack, where a suicide bombing killed 22 people at her concert in May 2017.
"People are permanently affected by this stuff. It changes everything," she said in August.
"Well you actually have hair so that (probably) makes it a lil more painful," Grande replied, alluding to her natural hair, or lack thereof. "Nah jk Im in constant pain always and dont care at all."
Grande's hairstyle switch up comes during a liberating period for the star as she continues riding high with "Thank U, Next," her ode to her exes, hitting No. 1 on the Hot 100 singles charts this week.
While shes been synonymous with that big pony energy forever, maybe the hairstyle was keeping her grounded in the past. Earlier this month, with her single thank u, next, she has already signaled a shift in her mindset.
A haircut can be cathartic when the world feels crazy (we know that from experience), so hopefully Grande is feeling like a new person post-chop. Or, at least, not in pain anymore.
Earlier this month, singer Camila Cabello Tweeted at Grande about how she deals with wearing her signature ponytail all the time. She wrote: "I just did a high ponytail for the first time and it is literally pulling on my BRAIN ITS SO PAINFUL HOW DO YOU DO IT." The singer responded: "well u actually have hair so that prolly makes it a lil more painful ..... nah jk im in constant pain always and dont care at all."
- 03.08.2020 Ivan Dorn unearths stunning new single 'Love Could Be'
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
Back to news