House producer, DJ and 'One More Time' singer Romanthony dies at age 45
Anthony Moore, aka Romanthony passed away earlier this month, on May 7th at the age of 45. He was the one who sang the hook on Daft Punk’s single ‚One More Time’ back in 2000. Reportedly, Moore’s family confirmed that death was caused by complications of kidney disease.
Living in New Jersey, Moore started releasing records on his own Black Male Records, in 1992. ‚Make This Love Right’ and ‚Let Me Show You Love’ were couple of his early singles. After Romanworld was released through Azuli Records, he proceeded to put out two LPs for Glasgow Underground label: 1999's Instinctual (in collaboration with DJ Predator) and Hide in Plain Site in 2000.
In 2000, Romanthony began work with Daft Punk. ‚One More Time’ and ‚Too Long’ both feature the autotuned vocals with Romanthony listed as a co-writer in the sleeve. Possibly the greatest dance track of all time became a massive hit, topping charts in France and Canada, peaking at number two in U.K.
Fond of working with other producers, Romanthony was in the midst of writing a song with Boys Noize.”Romanthony and me were working on such an amazing song together…He said it was the best song he had ever written," the Berlin-based DJ Tweeted Sunday morning. "Romanthony was a big inspiration for many DJs of us. his voice was the most touching in House music." Our condolences go out to the grieving family and loved ones.
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
- 14.05.2019 Kanye West gets booed at Bonnaroo
Back to news