Watch: Rip! A Remix Manifesto
If you're more familiar with music documentaries, you've probably come across this one. Directed by Brett Gaylor, 'Rip! A Remix Manifesto', came out back in 2008. It had been in the process of making for over six years. Nevertheless, I think the doco tackles the matter of copyright laws in a way that won't be outdated as fast. Even though, the mash-up producer Girl Talk, one of the centric characters in the movie, would say that in retrospect, these problems will simply seem nonsensical.
The Creative Commons licensed movie is a collaborative remix itself, drawing from hundreds of contributors and making it the 'world's first open source documentary'. Enjoy learning about sampling, remixes, mash-ups, laws regarding them as well as the music industry that directs the show!
- 22.05.2019 Selena Gomez at Cannes 2019
- 22.05.2019 Here Are the Lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'ME!,'
- 22.05.2019 Why Gwyneth Paltrow Has Worked Hard'
- 20.05.2019 Netherlands wins Eurovision
- 22.05.2019 Julia Roberts Reveals Why Shes Never Watched Game of Thrones
- 22.05.2019 Elton John: 'Being a performer saved my life'
- 22.05.2019 Shakira and Carlos Vives beat plagiarism case
- 20.05.2019 Taylor Swift admits strange shower habit
- 19.05.2019 Sam Smith & Normani's 'Dancing With a Stranger' Hits No. 1
- 19.05.2019 Michael Jackson's Eldest Child Prince Graduates
- 15.05.2019 Taylor Swift Reacts to YouTubers' 'ME!'
- 19.05.2019 Unfinished Prince memoir gets publication date
- 15.05.2019 'Daisy Jones & the Six' goes behind the music
- 15.05.2019 P!nk and Stormzy Continue U.K. Chart Reigns
- 15.05.2019 Halsey Announces New Single 'Nightmare'
- 14.05.2019 Grandmaster Flash wins Polar Music Prize
- 14.05.2019 New releases from Amanda Palmer, Stella Donnelly
- 19.05.2019 Hozier talks about new album 'Wasteland, Baby!'
- 14.05.2019 Myspace loses 50 million songs
- 14.05.2019 Kanye West gets booed at Bonnaroo
Back to news